any ideas anyone?

Vee8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 pano
Hi,
I recently asked the question on ideas on a 430 CLK not starting. I forgot to say it was when warm.When it cools off it's fine.
Now the problem has progressed to conking out while I'm driving.If I wait an hour(like I did for the breakdown service to arrive!) it starts again but won't go for long.It seems to be getting fuel but I'm not certain.Is this a MAF problem?

OP
V

Vee8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 pano
Many thanks for the very quick response.You've got me reading up on it now.Another thread elsewhere reckons the symptoms are of a camshaft sensor failure.What's the difference? I guess there is only one way to find out for sure and that is to get it onto a diagnostic.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Many thanks for the very quick response.You've got me reading up on it now.Another thread elsewhere reckons the symptoms are of a camshaft sensor failure.What's the difference? I guess there is only one way to find out for sure and that is to get it onto a diagnostic.

The chances are this will not show up on STAR,,as they never do, Camshaft sensor suffer oil leaks and not the same.

This will be the CPS and very common,,it measure 1k ohms when good and O/C when bad (hot)

OP
V

Vee8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 pano
Thanks for all your help guys.Youv'e turned a crisis into something more manageable.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom