Motard.

The ultimate Q car. Wicked!

andy_k

Reaction score
Website
www.ak3dgfx.com
Your Mercedes
E55 AMG
tee hee we built a similar "sleeper" around a 1965 VW beetle - bog standard looking from the outside, mid engined and Rover V8 powered. Went like the proverbial brown stuff off a gardening implement and after much improvement to the suspension actually handled pretty well.

As far as I know the car's still running (sold it to a friend of a friend) and still embarrasing some very serious metal in the traffic light grand prix :)

Andy

angus falconer

Reaction score
I saw a new shape "C24 AMG" today. Had monobloc wheels but not much else. I assume it's a C240 plus some AMG bits minus a zero on the badge.

My observation on this topic is not so much about what individuals do (eg XR3 badges on a Lada...) more about what M-B are up to. Seems that AMG badges are starting to turn upon a variety of warmed over machines and in my mind this threatens brand dilution. Basically it took many years to build the AMG brand and what it stands for - (originally) hand-fettled cars with a set of serious performance enhancements to engine, gearbox, drivetrain and brakes.

AMG badge needs to compete with BMW's M-Power brand at the high end. M badge now ONLY appears on the pukka machines after BMW realised a few years ago that letting someone adding sports suspension to a 320 didn't make it an M3 and that too many M badges out there were confusing the punters and devaluaing the hard-won brand equity they had spent years building.

Happy C43 owner

M600

Reaction score
I have a debadged S500 coupe which has the number plate M 600 on it, a bit of a con but it looks good.
My 190 Brabus only has 3.6 24v on the boot, most people think that its just a normal 190E and I have put the badges on. Until I put my foot down 300 ish bhp makes a 190 shift.
I have met 2 people who Brabus wheels fitted and the garage fitted a Brabus badge to the boot without asking them.

angus falconer

Reaction score
Debadging - way to go. I love stealth cars. It's one of the things that attracted me to a C43 - everyone know about M3's (including boy racers, thieves and police) but hardly anyone knows about AMG, Brabus, Hartge, Alpina etc. So I drive around in a pretty normal-looking 4 year old C Class and nobody twigs (except petrol heads). Great :) My last car was a Nissan 200SX running around 240bhp with very little externally to give it away - used to love blowing 330Ci's away.

Maybe a C200 badge is the next step :)

OP
S

sgregory124

Reaction score
I have to agree, the C36/43 are wonderful 'Q' cars....i've had all sorts of people try and race me, and its such a 'joy' to see their faces when they either hear the sound of the engine when you open it up (my personal favourite) or see me dissapear into the distance (when they've caught up of course :lol: ).

I almost bought an M3 but I think i'm having more fun in something 'normal' looking :)

Simon
1997 C36 AMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom