At wits end with ESP...

Stevie Boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 cdi 2002
Hi everyone and thanks for all the valuable information I have gained from you over the last three years.

Some time ago I had an ESP error come up (and stay up!). My I car soft 980 scanner reported a fault code C1037 (yaw sensor module not found).

I replaced the sensor with an identical one. Same error. I've checked all if the ESP related fuses under bonnet, all working. Swapped out relay (one nearest fuses) still have error. Bought identical BAS/ESP computer module and fitted it. Cleared down several fault codes, lo and behold error C1037 won't go away. Says it's a CAN error communicating with yaw sensor.

Anyone come across this fault code? I've threatened to set the car on fire but she's not listening. Please help!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Perhaps take it to an indy with a code reader.
your heading perfectly to fall out of love with the car.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Sounds like you have an issue on the CAN bus. Trace back the CAN wiring and check for damage. On some cars there is a CAN distribution block. On some cars SL for example) these can get wet and create corrosion on connections.
Not sure if your car uses this system or not.
The ESP unit is on the same CANbus - perhaps run a continuity check on the CAN wiring.

OP
S

Stevie Boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 cdi 2002
Perhaps take it to an indy with a code reader.
your heading perfectly to fall out of love with the car.
I've done quite a bit of other work. I will persist!

OP
S

Stevie Boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 cdi 2002
Sounds like you have an issue on the CAN bus. Trace back the CAN wiring and check for damage. On some cars there is a CAN distribution block. On some cars SL for example) these can get wet and create corrosion on connections.
Not sure if your car uses this system or not.
The ESP unit is on the same CANbus - perhaps run a continuity check on the CAN wiring.
Continuity check is my next step. Area around yaw sensor is dry and rust free. Hoping that wire colour coding at sensor plug is carried through to the bas/esp computer socket. Fingers crossed.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom