ATF Dip stick - correct measurement method

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi been on this forum 4 o 5 years but never added to a thread.,Sorry After reading every item on the the Web about dip stick lengths as rich says the tubes are a different lengths. Just had oil and filter change,As small leak. Usually do it myself but have problems now , so got mechanic to measure stick with sump off and distance to sump on our mercedes 2010 c220 w204 blueEfficiancy saloon 722.6 5 speed. Its 27" total length to stop fixed a rubber gromit on it, Was different on my old 2009 s220 w204. A garage I went to before checked oil for me with my dip stick Took it right up to 34" and it had oil right up to and passed spring part got to have bent it in to pan bottom, said it was correct.??? knew he had no idea. So that's why I went else where. Might help some one on here as there is an older model that the length is 34" PS aftermarket dip stick off ebay but same as mercedes one on plastic end . Cheers.
Easier just to spend £8 for an eBay 722.6 dipstick surely ?

rich.g.williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor Coupe 2003
-722.6 (5G-Tronic) DIPSTICK DATUM

Just to clarify, in recent months I came to realise (from reading other posts and checking myself) that for the 722.6 (5G-Tronic) the dipstick datum is moulded into the conductor plate also there is a moulding on the dipstick that fits into it.

The following statements are guaranteed true:-

-the top end of the dipstick is not a datum

-a dipstick touching the bottom of the sump cover is not a datum

-the correct dipstick datum is moulded into the conductor plate and there needs to be a moulding on the dipstick that fits into it

The conductor plate has the dipstick datum because it is accurately positioned and has the ATF disk float valve that contacts the transmission casing.

-

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom