Audio 20 & Blackberry 9360 Bluetooth pairing problem

Pipemaster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 R230 / 2006 / 3500
I am trying and frustratingly failing to pair my Audio20 head unit with my Blackberry Curve 9360.
The process falls down when after fining the MB Bluetooth unit and my phone successfully saying it's paired with the car the Audio 20 displays the name of my phone, a graphic shows for a while and then it tells me it's been unsuccessful. The MB Bluetooth device still shows on my phone and if I try the external again without deleting off the phones paired devieces it doesnt "discover" the Audio20 again which tells me it thinks all is OK

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried to discover my phone by having it in "listen" mode and have the Audio 20 search for phones but I believe that is to search for phones in the vacinity that may have already been paired.

Cheers

Beemer2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250 petrol W212
I am trying and frustratingly failing to pair my Audio20 head unit with my Blackberry Curve 9360.
The process falls down when after fining the MB Bluetooth unit and my phone successfully saying it's paired with the car the Audio 20 displays the name of my phone, a graphic shows for a while and then it tells me it's been unsuccessful. The MB Bluetooth device still shows on my phone and if I try the external again without deleting off the phones paired devieces it doesnt "discover" the Audio20 again which tells me it thinks all is OK

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried to discover my phone by having it in "listen" mode and have the Audio 20 search for phones but I believe that is to search for phones in the vacinity that may have already been paired.

Cheers

I had to let both "listen" and then after they timed out I set the phone to listen again and the pairing was set up. You could try downloading the phone "services" again in setup. I have a 9300 which has an earlier OS than yours

phillj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CGI Estate
Assuming your car is a W204 C class I believe the correct procedure is to get the audio 20 headunit to search for your phone not the other way round. Your phone must have bluetooth enabled and be discoverable, Audio20 needs to search discover and then set up a passcode between the headunit and the phone, it’s all in the manual supplied with the car.
I have never had any problems pairing various types of phones but having said that I have never tried with a Blackberry;)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom