Automatic closing of windows on an S320

nialler

Reaction score
Hi All

After reading some very informative threads on here I've been experimenting with my '00 S320 and found out that the windows automatically close but can't exactly figure out the keypress combination on the key.

Could anyone enlighten me, window kinda goes up a little bit then stops when I tried it the second time, first time dunno what I pressed but worked perfectly they all closed (big smile on my face).

So how exactly do you key them to close themselves (I have no manual so forgive me).

severn

Reaction score
You have to keep the locked button on the remote pressed until the windows/ sunnroof have closed. its not a "one touch" operation
Mark.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Also, for safety it only works off the infra red side of the remote. So, you have to point the remote either at the drivers door handle or inside the car and stand there until it's closed. They will also open the same way. Just point it at the handle and keep the open button pressed.

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350
As JBerks said, the important part is that the sensors are in the two front door handles, and you have to be in fairly close proximity (six foot) for them to work.

Let us know how you get on, as I had a slight problem with mine and had the sensors replaced. Not an expensive job, but have to be specifically ordered for the vehicle.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Agreed, it took me ages to work out how to open and close the windows by remote. I didn't realise that it was using the IR part of the key rather than the RF. All you have to do is be close enough to the door sensors, point the key at it then press and hold the open or close button depending upon what you wnat the windows and doors to do.

OP
N

nialler

Reaction score
works like a charm gentlemen, bit shocked to see EVERY window and the sunroof retract but had to laugh.

Thank you again for your sagely advice, I'll be pointing at the doorhandle in future.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
nialler said:
works like a charm gentlemen, bit shocked to see EVERY window and the sunroof retract but had to laugh.

Ah, but you'll appreciate it when the car's been parked in the sun all day! (assuming we get any).
I believe that's what it's for anyway.

angus falconer

Reaction score
jberks said:
Also, for safety it only works off the infra red side of the remote. So, you have to point the remote either at the drivers door handle or inside the car and stand there until it's closed. They will also open the same way. Just point it at the handle and keep the open button pressed.

Ah-haaa! I uesd to be able to do that and forgot how I managed - I guess I didn't realise I had to be close to the car.

I have just gone out side and opened and closed the windows four times.

Wish I still had a sunroof like Nialler - then the whole operation does indeed look even more tricksy

Now I can't wait for a hot day (it was supposed to be hot and sunny today...)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
angus falconer said:
Now I can't wait for a hot day (it was supposed to be hot and sunny today...)
Well it's a glorious day in Carmarthen today, very sunny and >20'C. My office is just too far away from my car to be able to open the windows :(. Though I'm parked in the shade so shouldn't be too hot, only problem is the sap off the trees :x which I normally get. This year not so bad though so far.

angus falconer

Reaction score
Blobcat said:
Well it's a glorious day in Carmarthen today, very sunny and >20'C. My office is just too far away from my car to be able to open the windows :(. Though I'm parked in the shade so shouldn't be too hot, only problem is the sap off the trees :x which I normally get. This year not so bad though so far.

London's a bit cloudy today though right enough awhen I look out the window a little brighter over to the west.

Hope it's hot tomorrow. And I hope someone is walking past when I open all the windows.

(what a child)

dagd

Reaction score
Got this on my Merc, also works on wifey's BMW (which isn't mentioned in the manual). On some cars (daughters VW Polo) you can open and close the front windows but the key has to be in the door and held in the open or close position, again, this is not mentioned in the handbook, but useful from time to time.

OP
N

nialler

Reaction score
angus falconer said:
London's a bit cloudy today though right enough awhen I look out the window a little brighter over to the west.

Hope it's hot tomorrow. And I hope someone is walking past when I open all the windows.

(what a child)

lol yep my sentiments exactly make sure the neighbours are looking before I pull the paul daniels open all the windows tricksy!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom