B Class: Help!

segovia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class
I've just placed an order for a new B Class. Petrol 180 SE BlueEFFICIENCY (auto). Delivery due in September. So far so good.

However, I'm now having second thoughts about the alloys. The SE comes with 16" as standard but I'm now thinking they look a bit puny and the 17" would be better (I know the reviews say that the 18" and Sports suspension is firm so I'd rather avoid that).

What do you think - £850 for the 17"...

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Ride quality is v subjective. But in view of the reviews (see Autocar) I would stick to 16".

Peter Hill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bright red 2012 B Class B200 SE (W246) Diesel with quite a lot of the extras.
I've got a bright red 2012 B Class B200 SE (W246) Diesel with quite a lot of the extras.

Standard 16" wheels.

Pushing it round a local couple of corners it sticks well, and 'sits' well, unlike the previous Renault Scenic 2010, which always felt like the wheels would get ripped off sideways.

At higher speeds (100mph+) it is stable and very driveable, with no suprises either.

It is a bit harsh and noisy over bumpy stuff (eg Tower Bridge) and it is advisable to keep speed humps to below 20mph (15mph is better) or it will bottom out.

I'm still very pleased with mine after over a year of driving it.

I've also noticed that I am less likely to 'kerb' the thing and damage the side wall. In fact the first thing that marks are the spokes, not the tyres... Not that I don't drive carefully, but I am parking frequently here in inner city London, with some seriously unforgiving tall granite kerb stones!

P.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom