BAS, then ABS light

SteveX

Reaction score
Well, I'm not having much luck, today I pulled fuses checking for a stereo problem, and pulled the stereo, I found out the front speakers are not working; strange.

Anyway, I changed out the drivers fore / aft seat motor today, it started working again but was smoking! I assume it was burning out so I switched it, now really pleased I have a working drivers seat, but on starting the car I've had the annoying:

'BAS Visit Workshop'

followed by

'ABS Visit Workshop'

The car was running fine before pulling the fuses, checking the stereo and changing the motor.

I really can't fathom out why this has started happening? I've pulled all fuses under the bonnet and checked which ones are empty to make sure I didn't accidentally put one back wrong, but no joy.

Not sure why on earth it's doing it now, the car hasn't moved since I serviced it last night, and when I started it a few times last night it was perfect.

Since pulling the stereo out, checking fuses and changing the drivers motor I've got these warnings :(

Any help would really be appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out.

Cheers,

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
What car?

Basically doesn't matter, BAS/ABS are always coming after battery/voltage disconnection. Turn wheel lock to lock, should clear the warning lights. Then norm the windows.

Last edited:
OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Guys, I if you were here right now I would buy you a beer each and give you a big hug, I was feeling so defeated after working hard on fixing things the past couple of days and then this happening lol. It's working!!!!

Thank you soooooo much.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom