Becker Sat Nav

Chris Salt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2012 Diesel
Can anyone help, my sat nav worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. My car went into dealers for a airbag recall when i tried nav after recall sat nav no longer worked there is no sim card in my module, i dont know if it works without sim card but it worked before the dealer had mycar dont want to accuse anyone if it was possible to work without a simcard kind regards Chris

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Sim card? Do you mean SD card?

If so then yes, the maps should be on the internal memory, at least they are on mine. Maybe download the software and plug it into your PC to see if it sees it.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
sounds like three possible causes

1) it needs the sd card to work (I would have thought so, VW doesn't, but knobbles any update card so can't work in other vehicles but thief's don't know that). However post above suggesting not, either way did it have an SD card in place when it went in ?)
2) the software fix for the air bag has caused the issue, if so will be well known and other software updates required go back to dealer.
3) its broken

phillj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CGI Estate
Can anyone help, my sat nav worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. My car went into dealers for a airbag recall when i tried nav after recall sat nav no longer worked there is no sim card in my module, i dont know if it works without sim card but it worked before the dealer had mycar dont want to accuse anyone if it was possible to work without a simcard kind regards Chris

If you are referring to the Becker Map Pilot module fitted in the glove box, the mapping & firmware data is internal to the module. I believe there is aa external SD card slot on the module but it is not normally used, have you tried removing the module & re inserting it:)

OP
C

Chris Salt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2012 Diesel
Sim card? Do you mean SD card?

If so then yes, the maps should be on the internal memory, at least they are on mine. Maybe download the software and plug it into your PC to see if it sees it.
Hi thanks for info did mean sd card, i have pluged into pc & downloaded maps but it still doesn't work thats why i thought it must need a sd card thanks anyway. Chris.

OP
C

Chris Salt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2012 Diesel
If you are referring to the Becker Map Pilot module fitted in the glove box, the mapping & firmware data is internal to the module. I believe there is aa external SD card slot on the module but it is not normally used, have you tried removing the module & re inserting it:)
Yea tried that tried downloading maps from pc & still no joy could do with trying another module to check thanks anyway. Chris.

OP
C

Chris Salt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2012 Diesel
sounds like three possible causes

1) it needs the sd card to work (I would have thought so, VW doesn't, but knobbles any update card so can't work in other vehicles but thief's don't know that). However post above suggesting not, either way did it have an SD card in place when it went in ?)
2) the software fix for the air bag has caused the issue, if so will be well known and other software updates required go back to dealer.
3) its broken
Been intouch with dealer there denying any fault looks like its a lesson taught day. Thanks anyway Chris.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Been intouch with dealer there denying any fault looks like its a lesson taught day. Thanks anyway Chris.

find another person with a working becker, swap the unit.... if its the car both units will play up in yours... also swap out your unit to theirs and then your know if yours works in a different car. if they both come out as yes go back to dealer and don't take BS for a response

OP
C

Chris Salt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2012 Diesel
find another person with a working becker, swap the unit.... if its the car both units will play up in yours... also swap out your unit to theirs and then your know if yours works in a different car. if they both come out as yes go back to dealer and don't take BS for a response
Yea think thats my best option cheers Chris.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
the other thought is maybe the firmware (software/operating system) in you becker unit is buggy and or incompatible with updates your car had... If so merc should have done it, but you must remember todays dealers can only find a McDonalds burger flippers to do the £180 an hour oil change and just about follow instructions in repair by numbers in Xentry. So they probably didn't do it.

it seems a lot of agro and stress to get the becker site to actually do the update (was a post inside last 2 weeks here where someone explains a method he thinks works) and update your unit your self and see if it behaves or is at least responsive when updating.

http://www.mybecker.com/enUK/hauptnavigation/becker-map-pilot/ueberblick/

http://www.mybecker.com/enUK/mainnavigation/becker-map-pilot/downloads/

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom