Been tempted by an Alfa?

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 Jag XJ 3.2 , 2x Alfa spiders, 1X Alfa GTV V6 3.0.
1st day of spring today, clear blue skies and the sun is cracking the flags here in Suffolk, and without doubt, the hood is coming down on the spider today for a spirited drive somewhere.

Scruffyalfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2011, GTV V6 1999
It was a beautiful morning for a spin, Gtv is away getting spoilt (cambelt/service/driveshaft) so it was 30 mile cycle on the road bike for me.

Wrt Spring Alfa Day we are seriously considering this, a couple from the Cotswolds and one from Wolverhampton. A phase 1 Spider, a phase 1 Gtv V6 and my phase 2 Gtv V6 - hope to catch up with some of you guys there. ;)

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, the hood was down, the car gleaming and it felt good. I have managed to cobble up a convoy of varying alfas along the A14 from the East Anglia region to Duxford. We're all meeting at the one place, and then setting off.

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It was a beautiful morning for a spin, Gtv is away getting spoilt (cambelt/service/driveshaft) so it was 30 mile cycle on the road bike for me.

Wrt Spring Alfa Day we are seriously considering this, a couple from the Cotswolds and one from Wolverhampton. A phase 1 Spider, a phase 1 Gtv V6 and my phase 2 Gtv V6 - hope to catch up with some of you guys there. ;)

If it's p*ssing down we'll be in the Ph 2 916 GTV V6, if it's a lovely day, we'll be in the ph 2 916 spider. I would've liked to take both, but my wife isn't that keen on convoy driving, and I hardly blame her, when one or two want to open the taps, and we're all off and away.

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you are considering an alfa, next Sun (26th) at Duxford is the day. Alfas from all over the country attending.
Brian Johnson "Cars that rock" features Alfa in a couple of weeks on quest.

Last edited:
OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Hopefully going to be there, all depending on house viewings and things at the moment.

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AROC say that over 500 advance tickets have been sold, (Compared to about 300 last year) so should be a multitude of Alfas pouring in from all round the country.

Scruffyalfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2011, GTV V6 1999
I'll be there Crazycarb, keep a looky for a black Gtv V6 with red style reg S738FRO :)

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll be there Crazycarb, keep a looky for a black Gtv V6 with red style reg S738FRO :)

Scruffy....You may know this already, but if not, If you put an A4 piece of paper in your windscreen with decent sized letters as you get there that reads AROC REGISTER CAR you will be guided by the Marshalls to a designated 916 park up area, that has prime position this year as it's the 916's 21st birthday.

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Quest TV tomorrow night (Thursday) 9pm. "Brian Johnsons cars that rock".....Alfa!:cool::cool:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Back when I had my 2600 Beritone sprint the was not that much information around on them. I did gather that there were only 2 in the world with an alli body. Mine at 4 years old had rusted badly on the doors where they split.

I would love to know if it was true that there were 2 built in alli. The car was so well appointed, ZF 5 speed box and just delightful to drive. I kept it for 12 months and used it all over France, still remember it had odd tyres that were imperial in the diameter and 400 in metric for the profile.

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I wouldn't be surprised if you contact AROC (Alfa romeo owners club), that someone will know the full ins & outs of that model. There are a lot of extremely knowledgeable people who are absolute purists.

neilto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 Estate Sport 2007, 1976 Alfa Spider, 2001 Landcruiser, 2013 BMW M135i, Fiat Ducato Motorhome
Took some pickies of the Alfa today after washing and hovering it out. It needs service (no prob), rear brakes (either new callipers or reseal job), rear neaside wing corrosion repair. Otherwise perfect. Should have done this months ago as it should be getting used now. Car show on tomorrow at local castle grounds and I'd have liked to take it to that but no tax n MOT unfortunately.

You know people say they have to look back and admire their pride and joy cars. I defy anyone not to look back at this one and say "God, thats a pretty car". And its not just the looks - its the sound and smell of an Alfa. With the Alfa in use there is now an essence of Alfa in the garage when you go in it - petrol and oil leaching from its pores - beautiful!

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thats looking a lot better now it has been pulled out of the Garage. You're preaching to the converted with me. I agree alfa's need to be driven as they give that whole "feel good" factor, that many many marques do not. The rich history and nobility of Alfa, just makes you proud to own one (or 2).
The one car, Jeremy Clarkson has made clear that he regrets selling was his GTV6, and that unique "Alfa burble" I get off My GTV v6, is incomparable.
Keep up the good work, get that MOT and take her out on the open road, for that unique Alfa fun. VERY VERY pretty car!!

neilto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 Estate Sport 2007, 1976 Alfa Spider, 2001 Landcruiser, 2013 BMW M135i, Fiat Ducato Motorhome
Upon further investigation it turns out that I do have a valid (till June2) MOT on the car. So I have taxed it and we can go to the ball after all. Trouble is its raining here and the Alfa doesn't go out in the rain. Will take photos of the Rally with or without the Alfa - might be some interesting stuff there given its oil rich Aberdeen. I know of a locally owned Veron, Zonda and McLaren F1 but the event is for older cars.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom