Your Mercedes
various
1131bhp at the flywheel

Flying Scot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R129 1995
Enough!!!!!

or toooooooo much got 180 on the GPS :evil: so i guess it is de-restricted - he he not on a public road of course ;) i would never do that :Oops: :roll: watched that clown of a tv reporter explain that he could not see the road at 150 when they were going on about that Mr Plod that was out honing his driving skills at 150+ and ended up in court when someone looked at his in car video - keep meeting people like that TV reporter they never look in their rear view mirrors either probably cause they think they would get car sick - i remember doing 155 in one of the first E types on cross ply tyres thinking back that must have been really crazy especially as the road now has a 40 limit and has quite a few entry points from houses and a golf course and one cross road at the point where i was going flat out but then i was young and invincible now old and incontinent ooops not on the continent but sunny scotland (well sometimes sunny)

johnb80

Reaction score
Hmmmm, all that power, it's not how much you've got, it's what you do with it that matters. I have had many cars in my past - Broadspeed Bullet (3.1 Litre Turbo'd Capri - LETHAL), BDA Engined Lotus 7, RS500 Cosworth Modded by Brody Britain Racing to 390BHP and now, my favourite fun car of all time....... ? MCC Smart four two cabriolet - 63bhp, £40 per year road tax, £135 per year insurance, 60mpg, sounds like a Porsche flat 6 but does take a 'little' longer to get to 60 :D

Regards - J

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
We borrowed a Four Two and loved it. The sound track was excellent and it was fun at low speeds. The problem with these 500hp beasts is there's nowhere safe and legal to enjoy them in this country really.

Flying Scot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R129 1995
stumpy said:
We borrowed a Four Two and loved it. The sound track was excellent and it was fun at low speeds. The problem with these 500hp beasts is there's nowhere safe and legal to enjoy them in this country really.

well actually there are plenty of places to enjoy them safely and legally - so long you dont desire to play silly buggers on public roads

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Yeah but trackdays etc ( I assume that's what you mean) aren't really my thing and have their own issues. I'm talking about on public roads. The really quick AMGs, M cars and Porsches are quite dull when driven within the speed limits. Not to mention speed cameras etc, and the generally poor standard of driving in this country. I cancelled an order for a new M5 on this basis. Fast car, but dull.

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
I think I may have cheated, I added up all my cars.................

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
stumpy said:
1131bhp at the flywheel
noops said:
****** HELL:?:
After transmission losses are taken into account I'm sure that will drop to around 100bhp ;)

Reaction score
stumpy said:
Yeah but trackdays etc ( I assume that's what you mean) aren't really my thing and have their own issues. I'm talking about on public roads. The really quick AMGs, M cars and Porsches are quite dull when driven within the speed limits. Not to mention speed cameras etc, and the generally poor standard of driving in this country. I cancelled an order for a new M5 on this basis. Fast car, but dull.

I must say that as I've got older (and boy, am I old now!) my opinon has changed too. It was always about performance when I was but a wee lad, although it may not look like it from teh list of cars I've owned. However, as I've reached such giddy heights, chronologically speaking, I'm more interested in something that is smooth, quiet and nice to sit in with as many toys as possible. It's nice to have a bit of grunt to overtake but as other posts on this forum will testify, you can get points on your license just for doing that these days.

I would LOVE an Audi RS6 but unfortunately, quite aside from the costs, I really need to keep my license and I'm quite capable of losing that with my measily 170Bhp.:sad:

alexspurs61

Reaction score
136bhp. Gently does it, nice and steady:rolleyes:

I had a bike that produced only 7 shy of that at the rear wheel. Splendid.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
alexspurs61 said:
I had a bike that produced only 7 shy of that at the rear wheel. Splendid.
I had a bike with ~120Bhp that was also splendid, dammed uncomfortable below 90mph though

Wil

Reaction score
SLK32 AMG - 350bhp 330lbs/ft :D
Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 Turbo - 220bhp 238lbs/ft :)
and a Astra 1.7CDTI - 85bhp 130lbs/ft :cry:

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
I can relate to that Omni, my favourite car to drive is my old w124 E280. Very relaxing, comfy place to watch the rest of the world scream by.

Reaction score
don't get me wrong Stumpy. Given the choice I would drive with my right foot buried into the carpet most of the time BUT that's just not possible these days for a whole bunch of reasons (to many cars, to many pedestrians, to many damned speed camera's). I may actually do the bike thing but I've not had one for a while. Slightly easier to "accidentally" cover part of the number plate.....

Flying Scot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R129 1995
OmniCognateNeutronRangler said:
I must say that as I've got older (and boy, am I old now!) my opinon has changed too. It was always about performance when I was but a wee lad, although it may not look like it from teh list of cars I've owned. However, as I've reached such giddy heights, chronologically speaking, I'm more interested in something that is smooth, quiet and nice to sit in with as many toys as possible. It's nice to have a bit of grunt to overtake but as other posts on this forum will testify, you can get points on your license just for doing that these days.

I would LOVE an Audi RS6 but unfortunately, quite aside from the costs, I really need to keep my license and I'm quite capable of losing that with my measily 170Bhp.:sad:

he he me too and well i really only potter about in the Merc and enjoy the experience and my music - BUT sometimes i do have fun with the boy racers when i flip it into S mode and shift the box manually but other than that it is for cruising at legal speeds (well almost :rolleyes: )

Coming from the days without a national speed limit when you could legally outrun mr plod and i did many times but usually eventually let them catch up just so they could ask "WHAT IS THAT!!! - and what speed were you doing" - in those days they were nice friendly people - Sadly Barbara Castle changed all of that - and Mr Plod now seems to have an serious attitude problem - not that i have met any when out driving - but socially i was asked if i knew the speed limit by one when i was driving him to his social event - i was just an unpaid taxi driver - what a stooopid thing to do :rolleyes: :confused: as that was the end of his lifts in my car.

PS i see your dyslexic too i am always typing teh :shock:

khanie

Reaction score
television said:
Blobcat is having his dinner.
When you find it enter all 17 numbers including the WDB at the start.

http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

The answer you get back will include every thing on the car when it left the factory.

Malcolm

It doesn't recognise my VIN - tells me its either too old/new or stolen/forged. I've got all the paperwork including the delivery note, all have the same number too!!!!

Perhaps mine was a top secret one off special.....perhaps not.

Anyway E230 T210 has 150 bhp.

Mikesmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CL500,1990 560SEC, 1988 230E, 1982 250, 1979 280CE, 1977 200D, 1972 350 SL, 1965 220S Fintail
560SEC, 280ish,350SL 200ish, CLK 200, couldnt be bothered looking it up, dosent feel like much anyhow, I hate it:( .
Mike

Birdman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55, Phaeton, Fireblade CBR1000RR
354BHP or approx 200BHP/ton with the E55.
With the Fireblade, 172BHP or 950BHP/ton except when riding it, when it drops by one-third!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom