Bit of a judder when slowing C350

Razputin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350 CDI AMG Sport Plus
So I've recently got a C350 CDI and noticed when I'm driving then slowing down, it shudders when the car gets down to 3rd, 2nd gears before stopping, not massively, but noticeably. Almost like it's about to stall if it were a manual. Normal behaviour for a Merc automatic?

Last edited:

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
Age and mileage? Its it in need of transmission service, perhaps?

OP
R

Razputin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's a 2012 C350 CDI with 165k miles. Has a great service history with it but don't remember seeing a recent gearbox service. You could be right ;)

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
If you are not sure it has had a transmission service then safest is to assume it hasn't and get one done.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
It's a 2012 C350 CDI with 165k miles. Has a great service history with it but don't remember seeing a recent gearbox service. You could be right ;)

The scheduled service interval for the 7spd gearbox in your car is 75k miles or 5 years so yes it is well overdue

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The scheduled service interval for the 7spd gearbox in your car is 75k miles or 5 years so yes it is well overdue

Then every 4 years after that

OP
R

Razputin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It turns out it was done twice before, so I'll get her booked in again :D

Ruhul

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC 220d
Hello Razputin,

This is my first post here. Were you able to sort out your issue?

I have made over 3 visits to my local official Mercedes garage but cannot seem to find a solution. I own a 2015 Mercedes GLC 220d. I had it serviced at Mercedes Benz on the 31st March 2020. It was an A service. After this service my car engine/transmission judders at very low speeds just before coming to a stop. It only lasts a couple of seconds but Mercedes cannot find out what the problem is. In my third visit they have changed the gearbox oil and carried out "gearbox adaptation test" but that still has not resolved the issue. It has been driving me crazy! I feel like giving up. The car drives perfectly normal on acceleration - it engine/transmission only judders just as you are coming to a stop.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hello Razputin,

This is my first post here. Were you able to sort out your issue?

I have made over 3 visits to my local official Mercedes garage but cannot seem to find a solution. I own a 2015 Mercedes GLC 220d. I had it serviced at Mercedes Benz on the 31st March 2020. It was an A service. After this service my car engine/transmission judders at very low speeds just before coming to a stop. It only lasts a couple of seconds but Mercedes cannot find out what the problem is. In my third visit they have changed the gearbox oil and carried out "gearbox adaptation test" but that still has not resolved the issue. It has been driving me crazy! I feel like giving up. The car drives perfectly normal on acceleration - it engine/transmission only judders just as you are coming to a stop.
Where do you live buddy , so someone can recommend a good MB Independent nearby (hopefully)

Ruhul

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC 220d
Where do you live buddy , so someone can recommend a good MB Independent nearby (hopefully)

Thank you for your response. I live in East London - Mile End. My Local Mercedes is Mercedes Stratford.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Thank you for your response. I live in East London - Mile End. My Local Mercedes is Mercedes Stratford.
You have AMF Automotive in Kent , Alex is always on the forum @alexanderfoti .
Also Wayne Gates in Harrow , sorry I don’t know of any Independents closer to you

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom