Bought a 2018 w176 A180, not sure whether to keep it or return it?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I tried to avoid paying for “extra mileage” if I return the car or get them collect it for free, or deliver it to local garage of their chain and they refused it, I even got to manager and he refused it too, didn’t care if I go to small claims or leave bad reviews etc.. might be worth trying to do it through their complaints team

Have a look at this thread for more details about your legal rights.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
As above.
If you've had it less than 30 days you can get a FULL refund for ANY fault not declared before sale.
Oh, and you can tell them to come and collect it.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
... additionally, did you pay any part by credit card? Doesn't have to be the full amount, just a deposit or any amount however small, then you have Section 75 cover through the credit card company, who are equally liable for the full purchase price.
If the vendor doesn't co-operate then go to the credit card company.

OP
A

anabolicslav

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 W176 2018
... additionally, did you pay any part by credit card? Doesn't have to be the full amount, just a deposit or any amount however small, then you have Section 75 cover through the credit card company, who are equally liable for the full purchase price.
If the vendor doesn't co-operate then go to the credit card company.
Yeah paid 1000 on credit card, at first they tried to avoid it saying that terminal might reject it and they want full amount by BACS. But I insisted and basically paid 1000 with credit card to get section 75. Didn’t know it protects it in this way? Will research, thank you :)

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If it's within 30 days get your rejection in before that one expires. You can then persue the money at relative leisure.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Fishy as a fish pie in an aquarium.

As it is 5 years old, it may be worth checking the MOT history on-line, this is easy to do if you have the registration number and is a good starting place/.

OP
A

anabolicslav

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 W176 2018
Fishy as a fish pie in an aquarium.

As it is 5 years old, it may be worth checking the MOT history on-line, this is easy to do if you have the registration number and is a good starting place/.
Yeah a bit suspicious, on the MOT website it’s fine but on the HPI and service history there are 7 services and one doesn’t add up, and mileage on the HPI and service history doesn’t add up too

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
What does a Car Vertical check expose ref milage and damage?

If milage is okay, the rust and underside would could imply water / salt water / flood / it being driven into water and hitting something submerged

Wouldn't have to be a full Rufford Ford excursion, but a small, rocky stream.

Hand it back and full refund

OP
A

anabolicslav

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 W176 2018
Went to Mercedes centre and they said that mileage definitely wasn’t clocked as they checked some internal things that are very hard and as they said almost impossible to clock, but the break discs have been worn to around 75%/corroded but still driveable. Rust level they said is above average for 5 year old car but nothing bad either. They suspect wheels might have been changed from another car but couldn’t officially confirm it as they had no proof etc..

Also said that side bottom part of car that was sanded and has jacking point missing has just been scraped but no accidents or repainting.

Not sure whether to keep the car and ask dealers to sort out break disks and sanded part and refund some cash, or to return it?

Been browsing and it’s hard to find similar car at price I paid, others are 2-3k extra, according to diagnostics and MB mechanic that inspected car, it’s in average condition, with nothing bad/that needs looking at except front break disks and side bottom of car that has jacking point missing and might fall off in the future

Reactions: DSK

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
If it's 2k under market price, and the assessment from Mercedes is correct, then you've got what you paid for.
I have bought below average cars (our X trail is to me below average and I can live with it - it's the family workhorse.)

How does the ownership experience make you 'feel'?
That's the more important issue now.....

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom