Concerning issues with 2019 e-class just bought yesterday

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Wow! A refund offered as an option! I’d take that also. I thought the dealer would have only tried to repair.

Whilst not meaning to sound negative about your car, there are better cars and models to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250D
Refund every day, yes they are prepared to offer this option but if you have the car repaired and then 2 months down the line something else is wrong with the car they will not offer a full refund. My advice is walk away.

5w155t0ny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350
It's part of your statutory rights to get the refund after such a short time, but rare for a dealer to offer it without prompting.
Take the refund, because once the issue is resolved, if anything else shows up unrelated, you won't have the option but Section 75 may protect you if you paid any of the amount by credit card or took finance, after the initial issues are resolved.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Consumer Rights Act 2015

Reactions: DSK

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
As I understand it if it is the oil/vacuum pump it’s an engine out job to remedy - a really bad design by MB. As it’s a 19 plate the OP has a lot of money tied up the car I’d ask for a refund without hesitation. Might be better to replace it through the MB franchise this time they know what to look for with these cars those with issues go to trade auctions
Unbelievably stupid design unless the plan it to keep dealer busy. There was f all wrong with older design. Idiots at benz and vw trying to redesign the wheel. I can remember vac pump change often a simple, inexpensive, uncomplicated matter . Progress, wot progress and for whom..

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Is there a permanent fix for the vac-pump isuue? Or is it just replace and hope for the best?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Yup. Sell it ASAP. Will prob bite u again at approx same km interval.. Better still look to refund, ensure ur next don't have adblue, plastic manifolds or vac pump in sump.or stop start. Its like makers though how to screw punters over for a decade after warranty runs out.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Unbelievably stupid design unless the plan it to keep dealer busy. There was f all wrong with older design. Idiots at benz and vw trying to redesign the wheel. I can remember vac pump change often a simple, inexpensive, uncomplicated matter . Progress, wot progress and for whom..
The hall of fame runs something like this for MB:

- SBC
- Tandem oil/vac pumps
- Engine timing chain positioned at the bulkhead of the car
- Steel Spare wheel with short bolts

and I’m sure there are many others out there…

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Makes one wonder on our collective wisdom....

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I reckon benz have a commitie dedicated to making anything simple, more hassle more expensive, more unreliable, more complicated.

Manc Rick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E220 Premium +, 2017 with OM654.
Trouble is, most of the stock of the used premium cars (MB) are diesel engines, unless things have changed in the past couple of years? I’d usually be ready to replace mine about now, but what with… other than electric, every approved used car above the A and C class you look at seems to be 2.0d or 3.0d with (by definition) the dreaded AdBlue, nox sensors, EGR, DPF etc.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The hall of fame runs something like this for MB:

- Engine timing chain positioned at the bulkhead of the car

Not just MB, Audi did the same with the RS4 V8, horrendous replacement bill hence why so many are cheap as the owners don't want to pay for it

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Not just MB, Audi did the same with the RS4 V8, horrendous replacement bill hence why so many are cheap as the owners don't want to pay for it
The first culprits were the Swedes with the SAAB 99. I remember my boss bought one in the early eighties I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it and I don’t think he was very impressed when I mentioned it - to cap it all Triumph who supplied the 4 pot engine on licence were renowned for timing chain wear

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Based on your description of the brake problems and assuming that the engine is an om654 I’d be concerned that the tandem pump in the sump that provides brake vacuum to the servo may be faulty. This is a common issue. The car can become unsafe to drive if this turns out to be the fault, so please proceed with caution
Yikes, do the 5.5L 500s or 4.7L V8s have these tandem pumps?

jbtibor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009
My only advice is you have the law in your side and you need to keep acting quick as you are. Good to hear the dealer is taking it seriously but, my motto is do not trust anyone!

Report all faults noticed to the dealer and do it by email/letter, which can be evidenced. Also get it logged with trading standards as they will help you avoid being fobbed off. Any faults reported within 6 months are deemed that they were present at the point of sale and therefore the dealers problem, and up to them to prove otherwise regardless of what twaddle comes out of their or, the warranty companies mouths.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@DSK
Any faults reported within 6 months are deemed that they were present at the point of sale and therefore the dealers problem, and up to them to prove otherwise regardless of what twaddle comes out of their or, the warranty companies mouths.
Do you have an official source I can quote to my dealer for this?

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
its not about redesigning the wheel its making it nigh on impossible for the end user to DIY - dealer only repair. Daft.

To the OP, if its fault thats known and the dealer can fix amd you like the car then let them fix it. Just kick up a stink - no car, loss of earnings bla bla some
compensation please.

If they want the car back it is no skin off their nose. They know it will sell and they will add another grand on the price. You are left with the hassle of getting a new car again.

Make them work!

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom