BP Ultimate 102 Octane

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
In my case with a basic 500 there is nothing to be gained by using the higher octane fuel.

Your car is different and you could make the most out of it

OP
B

Brabus SL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BRABUS SL55 K8 (2003) & SL500 (R129)
In my case with a basic 500 there is nothing to be gained by using the higher octane fuel.

Your car is different and you could make the most out of it

Hi Television, from their info it says that all performance engines would benefit, they say "Any vehicle that is able to run on ordinary unleaded fuels can use BP Ultimate 102 unleaded, but only vehicles that have been properly tuned will experience the full, breathtaking benefits of BP Ultimate 102"
so that should include you!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not get one pennies worth of benefit from using 98,,but I will always give it a go:D:D

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
It's only going to be any good to you if you up the compression, on your head ........ and putting a girlde head on a road car is pointless ...... the money you need to spend to make 102, any use. you may aswell go the whole hog, and end up using avgas in your car !!

wardpaa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 270 CDI
I was suprised that even my wife's car, a new Suzuki Swift 1.5 has noticably more low end grunt if you put super unleaded in it (grunt meant in the loosest possible terms of course) but an improvement none the less.
May be some engines respond better than others ? I would expect forced induction engines to respond well.

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom