Brake Dust.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
davidsl500 said:
They havent delivered it yet, got to get the garage doors widened first...as for the picture, i'll just have a quick look on the internet for anything blonde and beautiful...about 26 ish okay?

Not sure about lear jets. a bit small to be honest. citation x about right for small jets. prefer the Global Express or Gulf 5 really. Jerry Goldsmith had his own B757. ostentation level 4 that was. John Travolta has a B727. sometimes you really can have too much money. You may as weel book the flights when you want them with NetJets or Tag Aviation, then you can have the flight at your convenience but let someone else look after the aircraft.

I did laugh when i was on the latest BBJ (£60m). As i staggered and stumbled about the cabin i noticed the carpet was the exact same as my lounge carpet. Its bed was a strange shape too. It only has enough room for 19 people. Up to press Robbie Williams seems to be the only one who borrows it. around £8k an hour if you need it. 2 Stewardess on board as well. (!!) BBC topgear Richard Hammond had a go in it (free if you were thinking of complaining about your tv bill)http://www.multiflight.com/charter/charterbbj.html if you are interested.

it has a camera underneath so you can watch the brake dust land onto the wheels on touch down.

marvellous

Last edited:
OP
S

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
stwat said:
Dump valve? Does your car have a turbo? Ifso Nice...:) If not, why?

No my car does not have a turbo,as i have found out and can't have a dump valve fitted.When i booked it in to be fitted, i was told that it must have a turbo.Now i have it back and half a tank of fuel missing with no dump valve.
I am not very happy with the company or the manager.
Maybee i should have asked on here first,i will know next time.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
SUE. said:
No my car does not have a turbo,as i have found out and can't have a dump valve fitted.When i booked it in to be fitted, i was told that it must have a turbo.Now i have it back and half a tank of fuel missing with no dump valve.

and how are the wheels??? wanna hand cleaning them?

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
SOLUTION TO PROBLEM

Fit Davids Turbo-Jet Engine to Sues SL

Use reverse thrust for stopping instead of brakes

RESULT: No Brake Dust

OP
S

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
SOLUTION TO PROBLEM

Clean them myself,i don't want a man anywhere near my car.

OP
S

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
davidsl500 said:
Hmmm, interesting observation Stwat. The SL500 series that Sue apparently owns is your normally aspirated V8 engine - 306HP and uses a twin stage resonance inlet manifold to increase torque. Difficult to get a turbocharger input on that arrangement - especially with the space restrictions on the V8 Design. Anyway surely there would be two turbochargers - one for each bank and therefore you would be having TWIN dump valves fitted?

The SL600 uses twin turbochargers incorporated into the exhaust manifolds and the AMG SL55 uses a high power Supercharger.

By the way, I am going to change my name to Cynthia and post a picture of the Lear Jet that I have just bought.....

Your spec of my car is correct,No i dont have any turbos,but i had to find out the hard way.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
not the way to go offroading.. for those of you with lear jets that is.

0945047.jpg

OP
S

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Has davidsl500 crashed,what a shame.

OP
S

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
And was it ok after you fed it??.

Banned
Reaction score
No wonder you have an amazing bank account charging that price for a bale of hay.

OP
S

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
190,it is an amusing bank account,don't really know what that means.

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
**** Joe,

Them guys were lucky. Presume the front undercarriage failed or wouldn't engage. Musta held the nose up for quite a while after landing.

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
SUE. said:

Well at least you made the blokes in the garage's day. They all had a nice blast in a very nice car!!! 1/2 a tank of fuel!!!????!!!!! :-(

Stu

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
good try but no cigar.

they had 1.25 miles of concrete to stop on....and managed to misjdge the pressure on the brake pedal and went off the end. Germans eh? the front undercarriage was forced up into the fuselage. and the wing fuel tank rupture on the nav-aid what he hit.

They were in a rush to get to a Man U game.........football fans....

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
SUE. said:
190,it is an amusing bank account,don't really know what that means.

it amuses me that there is ever any money it. and that - in front seems to be permenant

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
Joe, Joe,

Germans eh

This guy landed at my local strip early one morning in a PA28 single. He did the same thing. Landed with the wind behind him even after been told the active runway, and three windsocks. Went through the hedge at the end, and onto a road.
This paved strip is used by citations, lears etc.
But he was not German. Guess where he was from?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom