Braking system

digcot65

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mewrcedes w2203 2000
I have a 1980 Mercedes 450 SLC ,the brakes have always had a lot of movement in the pedal ,once the engine is running.I have just replaced the master cylinder and fitted new seals to the front calipers and new pipes.I also bled the cylinder itself when bleeding the brakes.when checking the system, I also clamped the pipes on the front calipers and the brake pedal didn`t go down as far as usual.Any ideas,other mercedes owners say how good and solid the brake pedal is when set up correctly

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Poorly adjusted wheel bearings can cause spongy pedal by pushing the pads back further than they should be.

OP
D

digcot65

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mewrcedes w2203 2000
Poorly adjusted wheel bearings can cause spongy pedal by pushing the pads back further than they should be.
I have just clamped the hoses no both front brakes and the pedal is solid and only moves a little when the engine is started and the servo comes in Len

OP
D

digcot65

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mewrcedes w2203 2000
I have taken the car for a run and the brakes seem a lot better than they have been,since I bought the car.So before I try anthing else ,I will see how they go.Thanks for the replies Len

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom