Brand New Warped disk

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Hi All,

Just fitted a New set of Brembo Discs, after putting the caliper bracket back on and spun the disk, the bracket started to scrape the disk.

looking at the disk from the side you can see how much the disk is warped.

any one else had this problem with Brembo disks?

Also i had to fit the disk to drive home (40 miles) as the old disk had to be hit to get them off the hub, so where not usable. what the chances of me getting a refund?

I have a video of the disks as well before even driving the car.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Is it possible the disc isn't fitted squarely onto the hub , maybe the hub faces weren't properly cleaned ?
Aside from that , they are a big company you will easily get a new set of discs

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Is it possible the disc isn't fitted squarely onto the hub , maybe the hub faces weren't properly cleaned ?
Aside from that , they are a big company you will easily get a new set of discs

thanks for the reply, made sure scrubbed it with a wire brush, ran hand over felt smooth. its on both sides as well not just one. chances of 2 people making the same mistake on both sides? i do one father done the other side at same time.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Should just be able to return them to where you bourght them without any issues . Good luck

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Should just be able to return them to where you bourght them without any issues . Good luck
Even though i had to drive with them for 40 miles?

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Yeah i can imagine, just didn't buy direct from them that's all. So will ring the company on Monday morning and if they cant help i will get in touch with Brembo directly.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Have I read this correctly are you saying both discs are warped ?

" its on both sides as well not just one. chances of 2 people making the same mistake on both sides? i do one father done the other side at same time"

It must have juddered terribly on the 40 mile drive.

Have you bought some replacements ?

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Have I read this correctly are you saying both discs are warped ?

" its on both sides as well not just one. chances of 2 people making the same mistake on both sides? i do one father done the other side at same time"

It must have juddered terribly on the 40 mile drive.

Have you bought some replacements ?
Yeah both disks are warped, had to dive 40 mile on them to get back the vibrations were awful.
Not got new disks yet, car is parked up waiting till Monday to ring the company to see if they will send replacements out before they receive these ones back.

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
Lots of fake Brembo stuff around.
Amazing what is being faked.
Motorbike chains is another common one.
I only buy these sort of items from a large reputable supplier.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Lots of fake Brembo stuff around.
Amazing what is being faked.
Motorbike chains is another common one.
I only buy these sort of items from a large reputable supplier.

Bought them from car parts 4 less, trust pilot rating is really good as well. However would understand one been warped but 2 what luck that is.

Hopefully tomorrow will get money back then get some more ordered.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Last edited:

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
I use carparts4less myself.
Never had any issues.
They're actually euro car parts sister company.
Cant see them being fake from them myself.
Ya never know though.
On a positive note, they've always been spot on in my dealings.
Had to return a couple of items myself and had no issues.

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
I find it hard to believe Brembo are turning out warped discs.

https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/products/customer-services/recognize-original-products

This article on warped discs is interesting http://www.mossmotoring.com/warped-brake-rotors-the-facts/

With the discs exhibiting the amount of movement you describe I would respectfully suggest you look for fitting issues.

Thanks for the reply, looked at the brembo site earlier for fake disks, and they seem genuine.

Regarding the artical these disks were warped before actually driving the car, just turning them during fitting.

Had to then fit the calliper So I could drive home around 40 miles.

Had the full calliper and disknof this morning just to check for fitting, square etc and re-fitted and unless I am missing something the disk is still warped.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Two new warped discs is hard to imagine as to produce them would take some seriously tired machinery and to warp them in the production or transport process would take some effort but who knows ?

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Two new warped discs is hard to imagine as to produce them would take some seriously tired machinery and to warp them in the production or transport process would take some effort but who knows ?
I would have to agree with you, but what else could it be? Checked again this morning to make sure they are square on. I am out of ideas to be honest.

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
I would have to agree with you, but what else could it be? Checked again this morning to make sure they are square on. I am out of ideas to be honest.

The hub faces on Mercedes rust. No matter how much you clean them with a brush it will not be perfect.

I had an 07 CLS 2 years ago. Could not get the face of the hub perfect even after skimming it. It was a lot better, but if I wanted it right it would have needed new hubs.

Get a garage with the proper equipment to check it all over if you’re not certain.

area51

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Year2000 A160
"Also i had to fit the disk to drive home (40 miles) as the old disk had to be hit to get them off the hub, so where not usable. what the chances of me getting a refund?"

How hard did you hit the old discs? Do the discs have a bolt that holds them to the hub?

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
It would be more difficult to make a warped disc or one that is running out of true than it would be to make it correctly. Discs are turned ground and balanced.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
They scrape the calipers...presumably not the whole way around?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom