Brand New Warped disk

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I must have fitted more than a thousand Brembo discs over the years, and never had a problem like the OP describes. Either they are fakes, or its a fitting issue I reckon.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I must have fitted more than a thousand Brembo discs over the years, and never had a problem like the OP describes. Either they are fakes, or its a fitting issue I reckon.
Likewise. Never had issues with Brembo kit in the past.

OP
D

Dean173

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI 2010
Just an update to close the thread.

Sent the Disks back to the supplier(they received them on the 27th of July). After speaking to the supplier this week they have said they have sent them back to the manufacture and have agreed that both disks are warped when testing.

The have issued a full refund for the disks.

In the meantime I did buy some more Brembo disks from my local motor store, I fitted them the same day and not had an issue with them.

Thanks for all the reply's everyone.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Just an update to close the thread.

Sent the Disks back to the supplier(they received them on the 27th of July). After speaking to the supplier this week they have said they have sent them back to the manufacture and have agreed that both disks are warped when testing.

And the problem I had years ago was that the supplier just said I'd fitted them incorrectly and that was that. Hence I now bite the bullet & buy OE of what ever flavour.

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
Interesting thread as I often say folks rarely DIY fit brake discs to a 100% standard. As said above wire brushing is not sufficient to guarantee a perfect job. You need some abrasive paper on a flat block to take the surfaces back to shiny metal.

I've fitted dozens and dozens of brake discs over the decades and so far never unboxed a warped pair.

So like others Dean sorry but I too thought it was fitting error.

Well done on getting it resolved.

Top Bottom