C200 Esprit 2.0i serious lack of power

zeus4604

Reaction score
I have a C200 esprit T reg, 2.0L injection, it is an ex-police car (high mileage)so whenever connected to a diagnostic machine comes up with 2.5 pages of faults, even when cleared still comes back with them due to the fact they have cut just about every possible connection you could imagine. When purchased, the car was driving purfect, power and performance fantastic, its been serviced to the hilt regularly, however after using red-ex to clear my injectors my 2 litre car now drives like a 1 litre fiesta with no power at all, if i put my foot down in 3rd sometimes it does go for it then flats and chugs unless i change gear im scared to overtake sometimes. I have changed all filters inc fuel one, plugs and all other service parts but has made no diff, any help would be greatly appreciated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
zeus4604 said:
I have a C200 esprit T reg, 2.0L injection, it is an ex-police car (high mileage)so whenever connected to a diagnostic machine comes up with 2.5 pages of faults, even when cleared still comes back with them due to the fact they have cut just about every possible connection you could imagine. When purchased, the car was driving purfect, power and performance fantastic, its been serviced to the hilt regularly, however after using red-ex to clear my injectors my 2 litre car now drives like a 1 litre fiesta with no power at all, if i put my foot down in 3rd sometimes it does go for it then flats and chugs unless i change gear im scared to overtake sometimes. I have changed all filters inc fuel one, plugs and all other service parts but has made no diff, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you changed the MAS that sits in front of the air filter box, when this goes down you get your symptons. Check on Ebay there are some going around £65.

Malcolm

OP
Z

zeus4604

Reaction score
Im new to all this and cars just aint my thing sorry whats a MAS and what does it do pleasealso could i fit it with my haynes manual? and im searchin e-bay as we write thanks for the post tho.:confused:

Last edited:
OP
Z

zeus4604

Reaction score
okay found my MAF disconnected the wiring and two clips holding it on, didnt unscrew the jubilee clips on the otherside had a look at it then put it back on, is there anything i could be lookin for? or are they unrepairable, ive also had a battery change not so long ago and lookin at other posts they mention somethin to do with air flaps losing settings if battery power is lost, now its gettin all very confusing, whats the easiest solution? I just want my power and confidence back.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom