C200CDI 7G problem

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
Driving from Worcester to Ross on Wye today and coming to a halt at the roundabout at Junction 6, instead of coming to a gentle stop as usual the brakes seemed to apply fiercely then slow down. Then I noticed it didnt change up to 7th automatically but I had to do it manually. Tried kickdown at one point but it just changed down one gear only and felt pretty flat.

When I left the motorway and stopping at a set of temporary traffic lights I switched the engine off for a few seconds hoping something would reset itself. And reset itself it did and was fine for the remainder of my journey.

has anyone else had similar problems? A little concerned as car has only done 17000 miles so I will contact the MB dealer.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
By all means get the fault codes read, it could just be a one off glitch, but one never knows.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom