C220 CDi Turbo

D

darbeen

I recently purchased a C220 CDi yr. 2001 at auction.This week the turbo refuses to cut in so accelleration is crap. Is there an simple answer??

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Turbos are in all the time, assuming there is no black smoke (blown turbo), possibly a stuck open wastegate? - not sure how it's controlled or actuated though - believe electronically.

piestore

Reaction score
cdi turbo

HI

there are many possible reasons for the turbo not to operate the main one is that the engine is in emergancy mode ( won't rev over 3150 revs in any gear) . Fault code would help

Its usually due to a VAC leak or somtimes a faulty vac transducer, leaking intercooler is also quite common and the one I am starting to see alot of is blocked exhaust, just drop the centre section of the exhaust and test drive

RJR28/12

Reaction score
lack of power

HI Piestore possible cause is vacuum transducer,check headlamp level control is working as this is vacuum operated if not possibly vacuum leak.Or could be air mass sensor without fault code its a guess...

RJR28/12

Reaction score
lack of power

HI Piestore possible cause is vacuum transducer,check headlamp level control is working as this is vacuum operated if not possibly vacuum leak.Or could be air mass sensor without fault code its a guess...

OP
D

darbeen

lack of power

Thanks folks
Lights do lift/lower so vac is ok but engine revs are limited to about 3000 rpm.
Wky and how do I resolve my problem

RJR28/12

Reaction score
Really need a fault code has the air filter been changed recently,could still be an air mass sensor.

joe bloggs

Reaction score
Couple of idea's, the intake manifold shut off valve may not be working, or the arm may be detached, can see underneath manifold (looking from underside)

Also there may be an air leak in the boost pipework or cooler somewhere, check all pipes are connected ok.

piestore

Reaction score
turbo

Hi Darbeen

have you tried anything yet ???
whats the fault code ???????

give us a chance

OP
D

darbeen

lack of power

Took car to main dealer. Problem diagnosed as faulty Air mass sensor. New Sensor £86, Labour £173, all plus vat.
How would I have found the fault code?
Thanks

Top Bottom