C220 CDI W203 External bonnet release catch snapped

CrazeUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2001
Hi Guys.
I have a C220 CDI Auto 2001 (W203).

The other day i was going to service the car before a trip to Scotland, i released the bonnet from inside the foot well, i then went outside to pull on the catch and it snapped.

Does anyone know what the part number for this is?
Also does anyone know where i can get one second hand?

Its basically this part:
Bonnet.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
I can't help you with the part number, somebody with EPC may be along soon to help you.

If I were you I wouldn't go second hand for bonnet catch parts, you don't want to fit a 10 year old part for it to fail and not be able to get the bonnet open.

I have seen them on eBay... there is a seller called wunderpartz that sometimes has them in stock, but not at the moment unfortunately.

Your best bet is probably the dealers, when they give you the price ask them for a discount. You should be able to get 10% without much issue.

I would also ensure when the bonnet is open that all other latch/lock components are in good order and lubed up properly.

OP
C

CrazeUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2001
Cool thanks for the advice. I cant believe they made them in plastic! lol
They said the part was £85 or there abouts.

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
Cool thanks for the advice. I cant believe they made them in plastic! lol
They said the part was £85 or there abouts.

There may be a repair kit. £85 does sound steep for a bit of plastic, but I guess it depends on which bit has snapped.

If there are non on eBay and the dealers want £85 I would be tempted to get one off somebody breaking a car on eBay or a scrapy.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom