C250 TURBO DIESEL CLASSIC info required

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I have a mate who is thinking of buying his first Mercedes.
He saw a 1997 R reg C-Class C250 TURBO DIESEL CLASSIC which is advertised with the following:-

Manual 5 speed, Saloon, Diesel, 82,000 miles, White. Cd Player, 17inch alloy wheels, Electric sunroof, Remote central locking, Heated door mirrors, Electric door mirrors, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear electric windows, Front electric windows, Alarm, Body coloured bumpers, Immobiliser, Steering wheel rake adjustment. Insurance Group:13E, Was 3995 Now price to clear, £1,995

What has to be checked, any weak points and does the price sound about right or a bit too high.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks:)

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I have a mate who is thinking of buying his first Mercedes.
He saw a 1997 R reg C-Class C250 TURBO DIESEL CLASSIC which is advertised with the following:-

Manual 5 speed, Saloon, Diesel, 82,000 miles, White. Cd Player, 17inch alloy wheels, Electric sunroof, Remote central locking, Heated door mirrors, Electric door mirrors, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear electric windows, Front electric windows, Alarm, Body coloured bumpers, Immobiliser, Steering wheel rake adjustment. Insurance Group:13E, Was 3995 Now price to clear, £1,995

What has to be checked, any weak points and does the price sound about right or a bit too high.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks:)

I believe that is a robust model and precedes the rust era - just.

The turbo diesel was a strong engine with good performance and at 81,000 miles it has had an easy life and is just run in.

The whole car might indeed be in show room condition, hence their original asking price.

Buy on condition (I suspect the service history will be blameless).

Grab it before someone else does.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
£2k for an old 202 is optimistic, but £4k is lunacy.

A car like that should be around a grand...

If the car was mint and all perfect the £1500 would be OK

OP
47p2

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I thought around £1500 should be top dollar for this. I might go with him at the weekend and have a look

Thanks for everyones assistance

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
brilliant car coz its a manual one! i had one, i paid £2500 when i got it and thats about 3 years ago. it did have about 120k miles on it though. the rust points to watch for are around the boot release button and stonechipped wheelarches. mine had both. also check exhaust condition. a missing tailpipe can set fire to the rear bumper, as i found out!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom