C30 AMG/C320CDi

K3LVC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDi Brabus
I recently gave my 2003 C270CDi Estate a run to the French Riviera and Alps. Whilst parked in Cannes it was joined by a smart looking C30AMG diesel which looked, sounded and went like the proverbials. They appear to be available LHD in mainland Europe but the only comment I can find on the UK web is from AutoExpress in 2002.

Anyone any thoughts on whether it'll arrive in the UK, whether we'll get a C320CDi or whether I should just bite the bullet and 'chip' my C270 (and if so any suggestions/comments on chipping this model).

mjtray

Reaction score
MB are to launch a new range of V6 diesels which will find a home in the E Class first....they are 2.8 and 3.2.

They may then find their way into the C Class which can not take the current straight six 3.2 cdi engine.

Not sure on the timings of when the new engines will be coming to the UK.

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
C30AMG isnt going to happen for the Uk.
Two reasons:
The steering column is in the way apparantly and now AMG aren't continuing with performace diesels as it's the wrong image.

RobGos

Reaction score
c320cdi avantgarde wagon 7 spd auto

I am doing my best to buy one of these after reading about the new engine in Autocar. So far M-B cannot help with a price or confirm anything other than a July build. Any answers out there?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom