C350 CGI Coupe - Real world MPG??

AMGry Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: C250 CGI AMG Coupe (24-Dec-12), Previous: C250 CDI AMG Coupe (1 yr), C32 AMG Estate (5yrs)
Hi All,

I am lamenting the passing of my C32 Estate, bad! I replaced it with a C250 CDI Coupe auto which is great but there really is no drama although it is really quick in the gears. Needless to say I have over halved my visits to the pumps but alas something is missing (other than overdraft)

I notice with much interest C350 CGI Coupes are now selling for a relative 'song' and am intrigued by the road tax being only £170 per year (Band G 164 mg CO2); I pay £135 for the Band F on the diseasel.

So I am even more intrigued to learn what the real world MPG figures are for the C350. The C250 CDI returns me only 25mpg (wragging) to 31mpg (gently + Eco) on my start-stop 7 mile daily city commute, and with an overall average of 34mpg. This is disappointing when MB's official comparable urban and combined figures are 41 and 52mpg respectively.

As I barely do any motorway driving (where I do get 46mpg plus), a seed is germinating in my head that it might be worth living with a slightly compromised mpg (again!) and return to the obvious joys of driving a V6 benzina! the same official MB figures for the 306 horse 350CGI are a very respectable 29 and 40mpg (for a 3.5ltr V6) but would love to know what the mpg returns are in the real world.

Any advice is much appreciated

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
If you only have a 7 mile stop-start daily commute, I can't see much scope for enjoying even the performance you now have. Presumably you have speed limits all the way and lots of traffic.

BTW you are doing short runs and starting from cold so really cannot expect to achieve warmed-up mpg figures.

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
If the urban figure for the diesel is 41 and you are getting 25-31 it follows you probably aren't going to get the official 29 in the V6 petrol.

mpg tests are done at 21 degrees C - a figure barely seen in the UK, especially at commuting time.

OP
A

AMGry Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: C250 CGI AMG Coupe (24-Dec-12), Previous: C250 CDI AMG Coupe (1 yr), C32 AMG Estate (5yrs)
Taking 40% off the 250CDI mpg gives 15-19 mpg on commute with an overall of 22 mpg which is what I got from the C32 AMG!

I am hopeful that a next-gen low emission 3.5 non-supercharged will yield a higher mpg.

Any C350cgi Coupe owners out there to balance the comments by diseasel owners?

BTW, surprisingly insurance is within £s (not 10s of £s) of a C250CDI

mika63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz
Taking 40% off the 250CDI mpg gives 15-19 mpg on commute with an overall of 22 mpg which is what I got from the C32 AMG!

I am hopeful that a next-gen low emission 3.5 non-supercharged will yield a higher mpg.

Any C350cgi Coupe owners out there to balance the comments by diseasel owners?

BTW, surprisingly insurance is within £s (not 10s of £s) of a C250CDI

are you interested in E350 petrol figures?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom