C350e running on electric

Am2401

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class C350e 2016
Hi,

Purchased my first Mercedes about 2 weeks ago, a c350e which is a 2.0 petrol plug in hybrid with an electric assist.

I have been running in Eco mode so that on short journeys it runs almost purely on electric, specifically in lower speeds.

The past few days however it has been on every other journey running just on petrol, even though I am still in Eco mode and the electric motor is fully charged.

Tried switching back and forth between eco/comfort/sport but nothing changes.

Anyone have any experience with this??

cheers , Aaron

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

The electric range is generally much less than stated (according to the threads on the forum) battery might also be well past it's best being 4 years old...

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
+1 it’s likely the normal car battery is low and that gets charged by the engine, put that on charge over night and then see how you get on,

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Aaron and welcome to the forum

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Hello and Welcome, Aaron

Mike pearce

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e
Hi,

Purchased my first Mercedes about 2 weeks ago, a c350e which is a 2.0 petrol plug in hybrid with an electric assist.

I have been running in Eco mode so that on short journeys it runs almost purely on electric, specifically in lower speeds.

The past few days however it has been on every other journey running just on petrol, even though I am still in Eco mode and the electric motor is fully charged.

Tried switching back and forth between eco/comfort/sport but nothing changes.

Anyone have any experience with this??

cheers , Aaron

Hi Aaron, so is Emode greyed out, also if you select Hybrid mode this will normally use the battery to run the car unless you hit the accelerator hard.
Also the C350e has no alternator so starter battery is topped up by Main battery.

I have had my C350e for 7 months now and a few months back had a couple of instances where Emode was greyed out and would only run on engine. It resolved itself when the car was stopped and restarted although it took a few attempts and had no issues since.
Probably need to take it to a dealer if it doesn’t resolve itself as it’s probably a software issue.

Bang Olafson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205, C350e, 2016
I picked up a C350e today. We also have a Nissan Leaf. Unfortunately the Merc is currently refusing to be charged. This means I will have another "date" with the dealer next week. In regards to electric range: I knew that it was poor. The leaf is advertised with 150 km. Now after 110,000 km about 140km is possible. 110 km is standard. This has not much changed since I got the car 5 years ago. The Merc however is advertised as 31 km and does half of that .. oops ... But only when I charge the battery... Which I cannot do now..

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom