center console

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllcpa

Reaction score
How do I remove the Burl cover in the center console of a 84 500sec in order to replace the window switches?

GrahamH

Reaction score
Has anybody got a solution for this, a couple of the heater control lights have failed and I need to get this off.

william silver

Reaction score
console

I suspect that the window switches are located by the transmission stick. I can't help with that.
But the centre upper console for GrahamH can be removed as follows:
pull off the rotary heater control knobs (fan blower and directional air flow), undo the nuts behind these knobs i.e. where they were before you took them off, and lift the wooden piece out - lift at the lower edge to do so. The bulbs are in front of you. Be sure to fit the correct voltage bulbs as too high a voltage will heat the switch too much.Hope that's helpful.

GrahamH

Reaction score
How hard are these knobs to get off? I'm just about to go and get a pair of pliers to have ago with.

Also how do you change the bulb in the temperature dial?

cheers for any help

regards

Graham

Geoff_Slade

Reaction score
The knobs come off fairly easy. Cover them with a piece of cloth/towel before gripping them with the pliers then just pull. The retaining nuts are behind them. See previous posts about correct wattage of bulbs (I think they are 0.3 watt).

Just a thought but on the W124 there are two screws holding the bottom of the console. Might be an idea to look at the bottom edge before starting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom