Changing dash digital speedo to mph

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Just getting used to the M Class I purchased yesterday.

In the dash display, there is a menu screen which you can toggle. Whatever option you chose to toggle to, the speed continues to be speed in the top line, which is useful, except it is in kph...is there a way to change this?

I will try to attach a pic to show what I mean...

barian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 E220d
I think you will find that there is a Settings menu in which you can change the display units from kph to mph. I am not familiar with the ML but on my C class this is accessed by using the steering wheel controls to scroll left/right through the display options. But I notice that your speedo seems to be calibrated in kph (not just the text display). If it is not a UK spec car I assume that the unit conversion option is still available, but the manual should tell you.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
On some cars this can be changed on STAR, but Mercedes stopped this from being possible on later cars.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
The kph/mph setting is not for the speed above the line, it is for the larger digital display. You can nog chanfe the smalk display without a STAR machine.

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
I'm pretty sure there have been threads on this before and the small kmh can't be removed/changed on UK cars.
I know I had that for the entirety of my ML ownership.

KeithJG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI Sport Edition S203 2006 V6 7g
Same on my C class.......it won`t alter to mph ....handy really as being in Dover i jump on the ferry when i want and take the motor so kph is handy!

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
That's odd. Just to clarify the pic I posted was generic on the web not my actual car.

I may ask my indie if he can change. Would be handy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
On earlier models, up to approx 2008, this could be coded using STAR.

MB will not do this as they say the vehicle must, by law, display both mph and kph. The law actually states the vehicle must be able to display both. Once the coding is changed the driver can choose when to display kph, i.e. when driving abroad.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom