CL55 AMG Kompressor ESP/TPS

Duke Thrust

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG CL55 Kompressor
Hi all,

Got an odd one with my 2004 CL55 Kompressor.

Started it up, it had a very lumpy idle, blipped the throttle and it stuck at 3k. The ESP Malfunction appeared as soon as I drove off and almost no power, managed to limp home very slowly.

I plugged in the diagnostics and it said TPS sensor. I replaced this as part of the pedal unit, deleted the codes and all was fine for a couple of weeks.

Then, exactly the same the other morning morning. I followed the procedure below as found elsewhere on the web:

--------------------------------------
1. Reset the ecu with a scan tool. Dont start the car yet!
2. Go over to the throttle body and unhook the cable going to it.
3. Turn ignition key to the stage right before the car turns on. (position 2)You should get a error on the dash. (ESP Visit Workshop) wait 20 seconds and then turn the key to the first position not 0. leaving key intact.
4. Plug the cable back in.
5. Now go put the key to the stage right before the car starts and wait 3 min,the car will re adapt the throttle body and you will hear it move on its on. While this is going on, put everything back together!
6. Start car from position 2 and turn the steering wheel lock to lock a couple of times, everything should be okay, tap gas peddle, rpm should drop normally, if they get stuck, or if you have a CEL, you did NOT do the reset correctly!
--------------------------------------

All seems to be perfect now.

Any thoughts?

I didn’t follow the process the first time, didn’t know about it then.

OP
D

Duke Thrust

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG CL55 Kompressor
Thanks, I'll give that a try

OP
D

Duke Thrust

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG CL55 Kompressor
Right, it's done it again.

Have noticed a pattern though, it only does it when it's been raining, I wonder if water's getting in somewhere it shouldn't?

OP
D

Duke Thrust

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG CL55 Kompressor
Solved with a full re-set by MB, seems it needs to be calibrated when a new TPS is fitted.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have to blow the tyre up to 50psi to turn the sensors on,, this is to stop the batteries from draining while on the shelf

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom