CLC180 Comand video play

grahamwoodward

Reaction score
Website
www.gwoodward.co.uk
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 (petrol) Avantgarde Saloon (2004); CL203 CLC180 Kompressor Sport (2008)
Hi. My wife's 2008 CLC180 (CL203) has Comand with a 6-CD changer in the glovebox. Comand image below. On the face of it, the unit is identical to the one in my 2003 W211 E-Class, but unlike my E-Class it won't play video DVDs. The Sat Nav in the CLC has the map disk in the DVD slot at the top whereas in my E-Class the Sat disc is in the drive in the boot.

Q? Can you play DVDs in these cars or was it an 'optional extra'? The car has just about every other option and I'd be surprised if DVD play wasn't selected.

Thanks guys.

2008 Mercedes CLC180 Comand NTG2.jpg

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Have you put the maps DVD in the boot and see if it reads from there. Then thr boot is a cd dvd reader.
A dvd should play in the head unit if its reading the map dvd.

Whats the manual saying? 2008 i would expect it to play dvd, have you tried other dvds

Last edited:

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Do you need the sat-nav CD to be in the CDdrive? I thought it uploaded the maps from the CD and stored them. You can then use the CD slot for your DVD.

OP
grahamwoodward

grahamwoodward

Reaction score
Website
www.gwoodward.co.uk
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 (petrol) Avantgarde Saloon (2004); CL203 CLC180 Kompressor Sport (2008)
There is no DVD player or maps player in the boot. I have tried a 'standard' DVD (purchased film) in the slot and it won't play.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
So, for clarity - are you saying you have the single CD slot above the screen (as pictured) and a seperate 6-CD changer in the glove box?

And you have tried loading a DVD into both of those devices and you still get the "No Video" message shown in your picture?

If that's the case, then I'm afraid it's "above my pay grade" :( Maybe a call to forum sponsors Comand Online will give you greater clarity as to whether it's a fault or a feature you don't have.

Good luck :)

OP
grahamwoodward

grahamwoodward

Reaction score
Website
www.gwoodward.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Dry Run: I haven't tried a DVD in the CD Changer but otherwise you have it correct. The car has one of the older 30-pin i-Pod connectors in the glovebox so I may just buy one on E-Bay and take it from there. Thanks.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
OP
grahamwoodward

grahamwoodward

Reaction score
Website
www.gwoodward.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Srdl: Thanks for the links. According to the descriptions on Braybrooks' website I have an NTG1 unit not NTG2. BUT, their pictures don't match mine as the surrounds are different. Their picture of an NTG2 unit matches my wife's CLC 180 perfectly but it's different to my E-Class. Braybrooks say that the NTG1 has the sat nav DVD drive in the boot, which mine has, whereas the NTG2 unit has it in the slot on the facia in the car. Comand-online told me I have an NTG2 unit but that is at odds with Braybrooks site. I think I'll ring Braybrooks on Monday and see what they say about both units.

Thanks again.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Srdl: Thanks for the links. According to the descriptions on Braybrooks' website I have an NTG1 unit not NTG2. BUT, their pictures don't match mine as the surrounds are different. Their picture of an NTG2 unit matches my wife's CLC 180 perfectly but it's different to my E-Class. Braybrooks say that the NTG1 has the sat nav DVD drive in the boot, which mine has, whereas the NTG2 unit has it in the slot on the facia in the car. Comand-online told me I have an NTG2 unit but that is at odds with Braybrooks site. I think I'll ring Braybrooks on Monday and see what they say about both units.

Thanks again.
Out of all of them, I would go with Comand Online who are the best, as long as you have given them your VIN number.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom