Clicking noise From engine 211 E280 Sport

chrisy5555

Reaction score
Hello guys

Had my 06 place E280 sport serviced at Mercedes Newcastle on friday oil change gear box oil change etc.

Since getting the car back i have noticed once its warm the engine makes a funny clicking/knocking noise which it never used to.

It sounds like its coming from the right hand side of the engine in the head, when i took it back to merc they said it would need booking in but they cant look at it for 3 weeks and i hate it when my cars not well.

Its still under warrenty so at least it wont cost anything but in the mean time its spoilt the car and Mercedes dont seem bothered.

The tech guy came out and had a listen and said it sounded like an injector on its way out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Very hard to say,,but do watch out when MB start on injectors, they often just replace them all and you get a £2k bill

OP
C

chrisy5555

Reaction score
Its still covered by warenty so its not a problem if it wasnt then that would be another story :)

Its going in on friday now, he said it might be a sticky tappet which has came to light due to getting the oil changed.

I will let you know what happens on friday

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
The 642 lump dont suffer the same leaking injector seals as the old one did,

They do suffer from a lot more other things like knocking out the front main bearing on the crank,

Tho that sounds like a heavy derv knock!!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom