1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLK 2006MY possible purchase

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by craigdm, Dec 20, 2012.

1. craigdm

craigdm Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2013 SLK CDi
    not been here for ages since i sold my 2000my 3.2 clk in fact about 6 years ago. Anyway, I dirgress...

Im thinking of buying a 2005/6 CLK diesel, and wanted to know what i should be looking out for. Do the dropping windows go wrong and which gearbox is the most reliable are the two questions that come to mind. I believe that the 2.2 has a 5 speed bix while the 3.2 has a 7 speed, is that correct?

2. PeterCLK

PeterCLK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
    I had the petrol so can't comment about the boxes.
    Dropping windows never affected me.
    Quite a few electrical gremlins though.
    Make sure the comfort steering wheel moves up and down when you insert/remove the ignition key. My memory seats were problematic.
    I also had to have the air con control unit replaced.

3. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Dropping windows hardly ever bring up a fault these days as old hat now :D

4. David Nock

David Nock Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLK/2009/320CDI
    No window problems or other electrical problems on 2 CLK's.

My 320 CDI 2009 has a 7 speed coupled to a 3 litre V6. Nice power delivery but I am a bit of a 'potterer' these days. (Gave it a bit of throttle though on a quiet country road the other morning a didn't it just fly)!

Fuel consumption is 36mpg over 18,000 miles from new. Mix of Motorways and A and B roads. Usually in potter mode.

A few faults on the V6, mainly with oil leaks = a sump leak and a turbo oil leak. Also a faulty injector early on and more recently a failed glowplug. I would always consider a warranty scheme now with any modern car that needs high end servicing and repair.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012