CLK270 gearbox

Bruce John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK270
I have a CLK270 auto 03 reg and drove the car 120 miles to an airport and dropped off passengers. When I drove off the car would hardly go and not get above 2nd gear. I stopped, waited and tried again, same problem. I let the car cool a little and set off again. The car seemed OK then all drive was lost. I stopped, switched off the engine, restarted and drove off. The gears seemed to change then all drive was lost again. Twice when I restarted no gears would engage. After all the stops and starts I gave up and got a lift back for me and the car. There were no fault messages on the dash. Now the car is cold it seems OK but obviously it is not. I am scared to take the car out on any long trips. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Bruce

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Get it on STAR and have the codes read.

Possibly the electro-plate playing up, possibly low ATF level.

See what others suggest

OP
B

Bruce John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK270
CLK270 fault codes

Yesterday I started a thread about gearbox problems on my 2003 CLK270 CDI Automatic that was failling to operate, disengaging while running, not changing up etc. I was told I needed to post the fault codes. I have been informd the faults are:

p2001 etc control modual faulty
p2315 can connection (a1 instrument cluster faulty)
p2600 curcit 87 voltage to low
p2221 signal of y3/6b1 or y3/6s1 implausable
p2500 transmisson has inpermissable transmisson ratio
p2502 gear impermissable or slipping
p220a y3/6n2-y3/6n3 speed comparison implausable

Does any one have an idea what might be the problem.
Thanks Bruce

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Looks like a speed plate issue but also a low voltage fault code stored there, I would look at the crank voltage of the battery too, must be 9.6v to power up the ETC, you could have 2 faults there.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom