1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLS Shooting Brake at my Dealership.

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by whitenemesis, Dec 15, 2012.

1. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    Popped into the dealers this morning for a bottle of WinterFit screen wash (£4 ;) )

Centre stage in the showroom was a bright blue Astra, sorry, A class. Behind was a sh!te brown (think of '70s Allegro) C class and a fire engine red C Coupe. All very erm, colourful :rolleyes:

But across the other side of the showroom with the S classes, the SLs and the CL was a brilliant silver CLS Shooting Brake. :cool: Well, I thought :cool: initially but she wasn't showing her best angle methinks! Viewed from the nearside rear quarter the back wasn't that pretty TBH :Oops: The tail end displayed a very small cross section, very reminiscent of a 1920's attempt at drag reduction (tear drop). It looked very 'pinched'.. I didn't have the time to crawl about in the back, Mrs WN was looking daggers at me .....

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. Neil H

Neil H Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
    I had a sit in a shooting brake yesterday, also had a good root about the boot etc. This car is giving me a headache! Now and again I see an angle where I think, yep, its gorgeous, but in the round, Im not impressed. Also, the boot, whilst a bit higher, is compromised, youd definitely need to drop the seats for load lugging. Finally, whilst I am still a little unconvinced about my CLS's 2 rear seats, when I looked at the rear bench seat, it just didnt seem at all special.
    I think the CLS SB is a compromise too far, ironically, I think a better option for the CLS would be a 2 door mini CL, less rather than more practical! If I wanted an estate again, I'd buy an E class.

3. st4

st4 Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Disqualified driver
    I have to go and see one of these, but I am sure one will be my next car ;)

4. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    This is why I am keeping my old V70R, it only stands me in £450 per year or £10 per week, we used it the first time since last April when the tax ran out, not a MB CL but its warm and the rain does not come in:D