Coil light/engine warning light

greencatbluecat

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 diesel
Hello all,

I have a C320 diesel (58 plates) and would really appreciate any advice on a warning light I am getting please.

I started the engine this morning and the coil light came back on after ignition and stayed on for a minute or so of driving (I am fairly certain it went out as usual and then came back on but can't be 100% sure that it didn't just stay on).

I then drove it again a couple of hours later, coil light came on and stayed on for much longer than usual (a couple of minutes). I started the engine when it went out thinking it might just be the cold making it stay on longer but when I started to drive the engine warning light came on. I've since restarted the car and the coil light seems back to normal but the warning light is still on.

Sorry if I have missed this info posted elsewhere, I have searched other posts re coil lights but none seem to also describe having the engine warning at the same time?

Any advice on what this might be (and what it might cost to repair) would be very gratefully received! I don't know a huge amount about cars so would like to have an idea of what the problem might be before I go to the garage with it.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
You have one or more glowplugs out, common fault, they can seiz into the heads and snap when trying to remove!!! you need a test done to get the fault codes/plug number/s

Welcome to the forums

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom