Evo5man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A200 Elegance
Hi there all,
I have just purchased a 2006 A Class A200 Elegance fitted with Comand APS DVD v2.0, 6 CD multi-changer and telephone pre-wiring. I am considering upgrading the Comand by fitting a Comand v2.5 with Hard Disk and bluetooth built in. Has anyone done this and is it a big job or just a simple 'plug and play' upgrade?
Any help or advice would be very welcome.

Regards,

Evo5man

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Hi there all,
I have just purchased a 2006 A Class A200 Elegance fitted with Comand APS DVD v2.0, 6 CD multi-changer and telephone pre-wiring. I am considering upgrading the Comand by fitting a Comand v2.5 with Hard Disk and bluetooth built in. Has anyone done this and is it a big job or just a simple 'plug and play' upgrade?
Any help or advice would be very welcome.

Regards,

Evo5man

Hi Evo5man,
Do It!!
Swap to the NTG 2.5.. I had one retro fitted to my car and can HIGHLY recommend them..
Brilliant piece of kit...:D

OP
E

Evo5man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A200 Elegance
Hi Evo5man,
Do It!!
Swap to the NTG 2.5.. I had one retro fitted to my car and can HIGHLY recommend them..
Brilliant piece of kit...:D

Thanks Guys for your replies, I now just need to source a good used NTG 2.5 and get the conversion kit from Command Online and I am good to go!

Regards,

Steve

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
There are some NTG 2.5 comand units emanating from ebay that have Anti theft protection activated. I think units pre may 09 do not have this anti theft activated but the comand firmware of MY09 has this anti theft protection enabled. If buying from a seller on ebay, ask for the pin. I would personally not buy any unit from Latvia or Lithuania.

There is a high risk of these units been stolen. I have read on several forums where people who bought comand units from these countries, had issues with the comand units and they had to contact the ebay sellers who sold the units without any reply from them for weeks. These ebay sellers from Lithuania tend to communicate very well in English before the sale but after the purchase has been realised and you have any problem of any kind with the unit, is either they don't understand English anymore or they will simply ignore your mails. Just look before you leap.

Anyone with STAR can ofcourse code it properly to your car. In this area, you can rely on the expertise of Mark & Richard Comandonline.co.uk

I would advise you buy either from the Uk or Ireland to avoid any language barrier hassle with these ebay foreign sellers :)

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was very lucky indeed with mine..
It was almost brand new (6 weeks old)..
The seller had bought it from Comand online new but sold it as he had an unexpected car upgrade..
I paid £800 for mine complete with all cables, Satelite reciever, and phone microphone..
I drove to Comand online and Richard fitted it and did one or two other mods whilst I was there...
The NTG 2.5 does have Blu Tooth which integrates perfectly with my iPhone 4 :D
I definitely DO use the hard drive music storage.. Its very convenient and even when mp3's are stored at their highest quality (which I do) there is room for loads of tracks..

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
@Simon,

What other upgrades did you do while in Lightwater? Did you update your comand unit to the 2012 firmware? If yes, what are the new features like compared to the old ones?

Am yet to see how a junction split 3D mapping looks like when on a high way. Did you activate the back-up camera which is a possible option in the NTG 2.5 unit? Was your comand unit coded to your vehicle and if yes, did you at some point notice the automatic activation of the Anti-theft protection on your unit?

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
@Simon,

What other upgrades did you do while in Lightwater? Did you update your comand unit to the 2012 firmware? If yes, what are the new features like compared to the old ones?

Am yet to see how a junction split 3D mapping looks like when on a high way. Did you activate the back-up camera which is a possible option in the NTG 2.5 unit? Was your comand unit coded to your vehicle and if yes, did you at some point notice the automatic activation of the Anti-theft protection on your unit?

Hi mcobinad,
I will answer you later when I get home. I'm on my phone now so I can't be bothered with a micro keyboard.
I did have the latest firmware and at a later date the latest map upgrade which comes on 2 DVD's and takes about 1.5 hours to install.

N

npuk

There is no 2012 firmware for NTG2.5 the last update was Jan 2010.

If a unit had pre anti theft firmware on it after updating the firmware to the latest the ani theft would not get activated unless the unit was put into another car.

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is no 2012 firmware for NTG2.5 the last update was Jan 2010.

I thought this was the latest. Or does it mean that update disk is different from firmware disk? Have i answered my own question :confused:

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I thought this was the latest. Or does it mean that update disk is different from firmware disk? Have i answered my own question :confused:

Thats the latest map disk for the NTG1 cars. Nothing to do with NTG 2.5.

mrsimonc

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 c180k coupe
im also thinking of upgrading to ntg2.5

i have a c180k kompressor coupe 2005, it currently has a 6cd changer in glovebox and comand ntg2 sat nav, it also has harmon kardon sound i believe (at least it says it on the speaker covers), what problems does harmon kardon pose, i was hoping it could be a straight swap and allow me to ditch the 6cd changer in glovebox and get built in bluetooth.

thanks for any help

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom