COMAND SCREEN FAULT/NOT WORKING 2015 W205 C CLASS 220D

01bowie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2015 220 diesel
Afternoon All

So I have the COMAND screen problem where the first 2 messages on start up appear (Mercedes Benz Logo and then the warning re distraction when driving) then the screen fades to black with lots of moving lines like an untuned TV. After around a minute it starts again at the start up screen and loops through this as long as it is left on. All functions linked to the module are not working properly - heating, reverse camera, blutooth phone, sat nav etc.

So after reading different posts and forums I got the feeling the fault may lie with a faulty screen so I purchased a second hand screen (part no A 205 900 41 13) which is in excellent condition thinking this will be the answer - sadly not as the problem persists!

Surely 2 screens will not be faulty so any other ideas would be gratefully received....

Other points - there is a cd in the player that is continually spinning when driving - reverse camera comes on occasionally if you reverse with the start up screen just starting and heating display partially comes on if the controls are pressed early on after start up.

2015 W205 C CLASS 220D SALOON

Many thanks in anticipation

rpalmeida

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mercupgrades.com
Hi
Try it without the SD card installed. If thats not it, its likely a failed head-unit although sometimes a software update sort the problem- we're seeing a definite increase in 2015/2016 C classes with failed head-units. Come and see us in Lightwater (M3, J3) (www.comand.co.uk / www.uniquecarsound.com ) and we can diagnose and replace if needed at much more sensible pricing than Mercedes.

Cheers
Richard

Reactions: DSK
OP

01bowie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2015 220 diesel
Hi
Try it without the SD card installed. If thats not it, its likely a failed head-unit although sometimes a software update sort the problem- we're seeing a definite increase in 2015/2016 C classes with failed head-units. Come and see us in Lightwater (M3, J3) (www.comand.co.uk / www.uniquecarsound.com ) and we can diagnose and replace if needed at much more sensible pricing than Mercedes.

Cheers
Richard
Thanks Richard - SD Card already out - would the still spinning cd in the cd player have any bearing on matters?

Many thanks

Darren Duncan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d/2015/2.1
Hi Guys just spotted this my C220d has just got same problem occasionally works for few minutes then dies really frustrating don't want to buy a screen incase something else tried fuse, battery holding eject and reboot same problem anybody find best solution please

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Most likely the actual head unit itself. Email us your vin number to sales@comandonline.co.uk and we can quote you for a replacement far cheaper then your local dealer will quote!

chiltls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 250 BlueTEC 2014
OMG I have found exactly the same problem I'm having. Is there an easy way that I could confirm where the actual problem is?
I have had the car apart trying to diagmose this issue, but to no avail. I have an OBD reader but this doen't show me anything. The head unit is A 205 900 78 15 (Jul. 2014) if this is the fault would I be able to install a later model. I am based in Leicestershire if there are any of you out there local to me who can assist? VIN. WDD2052082F080725

Markyp33

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E CLass E200 Estate (S211) 1.8 petrol auto
OMG I have found exactly the same problem I'm having. Is there an easy way that I could confirm where the actual problem is?
I have had the car apart trying to diagmose this issue, but to no avail. I have an OBD reader but this doen't show me anything. The head unit is A 205 900 78 15 (Jul. 2014) if this is the fault would I be able to install a later model. I am based in Leicestershire if there are any of you out there local to me who can assist? VIN. WDD2052082F080725
Hi Chiltls
Did you get you probelm resolved - I have the identical issue; also in Leicestershire

saads7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 Sport W212
Its a software fault. I had it recently. Nothing to do with faulty screens etc. Visited local coder who updated software. Took 45 minutes and problem solved. My car is a 2015 C220d W205. Coder said gets these all the time, shite software from factory which causes problems over time.

Jonathan Fleming

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205/2015/1598 cc
Its a software fault. I had it recently. Nothing to do with faulty screens etc. Visited local coder who updated software. Took 45 minutes and problem solved. My car is a 2015 C220d W205. Coder said gets these all the time, shite software from factory which causes problems over time.
Hi Saads, Did that really fix the lines appearing on the screen ? All roads seemed to lead to new head unit. Was it just a standard software update you got ?

Dave Farnen

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cod 2015
Hi, I have the same problem....2 days old. How do I find a local MB coder, please? I live in Trowbridge, Wiltshire.

Top Bottom