Command Caller id issues with Nokia phone

robatbroon

Reaction score
les.sherry said:
I would like to add the following information to this thread. I have the same problem with a Nokia 6230i in a E320 CDI in that the caller ID is not displayed on the COMAND display. However my phone operater is Orange so the problem cannot be unique to Vodaphone. One thing I have noticed is that if you have a missed call, only the number is initially displayed in the missed call list on the COMAND unit. If you then remove the phone and plug it in again, the missed call list on the COMAND shows the caller ID.

My problem started after my phone software was upgraded to V05.24 to overcome various other problems with the COMAND interface. My MB dealer has so far not resolved the problem but has not yet given up. Will post further developments.
I have exactly the same problem with my new E280CDI and Nokia 6230i. Did your dealer manage to solve the problem? If so how?

Thks

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
With the greatest of respect - do these issue's *really* matter? I'm very plsd with the integration of the phone and it works (ie I can hear people and the can hear me) perfectly. The separate Nokia kits now seem unbearable ugly, and I was always worried what would happen the passengers knees if they hit it in an accident.
My brother has a brand new Audi, and his integrated phone doesn't work properly (people can't hear him) - the dealer just shrugs and says there's nothing they can do, leaving him with an ususable system.

gcrockford

Reaction score
i have a brand new C320 cdi with intergrated phone kit using the sony ericsson K700i -- I only get 1 call in 3 actually coming through --BUT I can see evertone who is trying to....any ideas??? MB seem beaten on it

Steve_sos

Reaction score
Phone

Hi Guys

I took delivery of a new C220 CDI earlier this month and I am also in the IT game and after spending many hours playing, here is my solution.

I have reduced my phonebook entry’s to one entry per contact and now it works like a dream there seems to be a problem with the phone kit reading all the numbers in each entry.

It was a pain but now it works like a dream. With the basic Audio 20 you only get to dial the first number. So this has solved more than the caller ID problem.

Hope this helps

This is what we call in the IT game as an "Undocumented Feature"

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom