Corroded rear subframe. Staggeringly good service...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The quote of £1450 was just the rear brake lines so only £50 difference. the cost for subframe was in region of £3000 .

My quote was ONLY to do the brake lines which requires dropping the subframe, if the subframe has to be removed for replacement then the brake lines are an easy job which shouldn't take more than a couple of hours so £1450 is way too high

Merc320_John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 SL320 1998 and W212 350cdi 2010
My quote was ONLY to do the brake lines which requires dropping the subframe, if the subframe has to be removed for replacement then the brake lines are an easy job which shouldn't take more than a couple of hours so £1450 is way too high
Thank you, my opinion as well, so I declined the offer and said that the cost if I were not removing the subframe for replacement would therefore be around £2800 which I did not believe.
An earlier post said that they were not surprised that the delivery of a new subframe should run into months as there were hundreds being required at the same time, not sure wether that meant UK or worldwide but, if, as I think, meant UK, would point out that this is not a recall, and only likely to show up on a MOT failure. When the car cannot be driven until rectified.
I never been given a likely date for delivery and repair and this frustrates me as I could have cancelled road tax and insurance for example or considered having the work done at a independent using readily available non oem subframes on eBay at my expense. There is after all a cost resulting from not having my car to use. On the 9th November I will have been waiting for 5 months with still no date for part deliver and no response to my 2 complaint to MB UK head office

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom