County Court

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
I watched the program on counterfeit goods last night, and I was horrified to see that through loop holes in the law, these counterfeiters could carry on selling their goods unchallenged while waiting for further court action.

Then there was the marriage of illegal immigrants to Europeans to gain entry into the UK and it was against human rights to stop it

Vote for Me! I'll stop it.

If this Government (sic) can pass 3,000 laws and Statutory Instruments yet still allow the blatant abuses to continue, why are they there in Parliament?

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Vote for Me! I'll stop it.

If this Government (sic) can pass 3,000 laws and Statutory Instruments yet still allow the blatant abuses to continue, why are they there in Parliament?

Jobs for the boys :( :( :(

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bob ! ...... clam down .............. you have enough on your plate without wanting to become an MP, just so you can shaft MB up the rear.

There's is right and wrong ........... then there's the law ! ........... you've learnt that lesson at your expence surely ................. opinion is against you in the courts ...... that does'nt make you wrong ........ it just means a battle lost.

The war ?? ........... surely it's time to reflect on your actions, and expenses, and come to a conclusion, that could save your further expence, and loss of sanity ............... it does'nt mean your wrong, and MB are right ! ......... it means deep down inside, you know your gonna lose, a war that really should be won, and therefore, live a little, and let it go.

I would agree with you if the "battle" was over, but, its not. The "main" event has not yet been heard!

Planning and Implementation is my forte, the first time MB told me a "porky"
I knew then I was in for a long drawn out dispute, its just that MB did not know me then, a bit like a new wife, it takes time to find out the truth.

If you tell the truth you have nothing to fear.

The Law works both ways; its not pick and mix!

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So, the law and justice are not really synonymous. The OP may feel he has had a raw deal, and he may well have had a raw deal. But it would not be the first, and it won't be the last.

I agree with the above statement, but, our freedoms we enjoy (or used too)
came about through almost two thousand years of history, usually by individuals or small groups of like minded people, the Barons at Runnymede for instance, which gives us the Common Law of this realm.

Dictatorship by the wealthy and powerful has not yet arrived and as long as free Englishmen/women stand to be counted it will not.

This is why we have General Elections, otherwise we will be back to the Long Parliament of the Commonwealth era where Cromwell and his army ruled as Protector of the Realm after dissolving Parliament.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
This is why we have General Elections, otherwise we will be back to the Long Parliament of the Commonwealth era where Cromwell and his army ruled as Protector of the Realm after dissolving Parliament.

I agree with your note. But is this not what Gordon has now achieved, at least pro tem? I very much fear that his arrogant disregard for any democratic process will have switched the electorate off to the point that there will be a record poor turnout on polling day. And with a low turnout, anything can happen.

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I agree with your note. But is this not what Gordon has now achieved, at least pro tem? I very much fear that his arrogant disregard for any democratic process will have switched the electorate off to the point that there will be a record poor turnout on polling day. And with a low turnout, anything can happen.

We all await the date with bated breath. The problem is; with such a large "client" base, benefit claimants etc, and I am one, will they vote for change or want to keep the status quo.

Sheep will follow the Shepherd with the feed bag every time and as long as the Shepherd does not have to pay for the feed himself there is plenty to give away to as many sheep who wish to follow him.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
oh so true and as a good friend quoted in an email to me yesterday "All that is required for evil to flourish is that good men do nothing." Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929 -1968)

...vote for Bob - you are not related to 'Sponge Bob Square Pants' per chance are you if so the Raving Looney party might be a good route to take;)

Credit where it is due, the quote is actually from a bit earlier: -

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Mark280SE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W108 1970 2.8ltr
AS a small company owner I had to use the small claims last year and I made one mistake I belived the court would be a useful tool in which to correct any wrongs when people just don't pay up. What a mistake..

I found the court admin a total sham, I had to chase chase chase EVERY dam letter to make sure they got it.. the best one was they sent me a letter out wrong , wrong dates amounts etc in reply to my orginal letter.. when i called to ask why this was.. they said they didn't get my letter and I must not have sent it.. even though I said you had replied to it!!!!! ( this being the letter they got the facts wrong on ) the admin side will lie to cover their own back sides. So unless you chase your on a losing streak..

Even in court I was the only one to turn up another wasted day , I spent 15 mins of my 20 arguing with him because yet again !!!! they got their dates wrong the judge or what ever they are called read the notes wrong prob 5 mins before the case was being heard and started to say the whole case was out of date.. it was not and I said that to him.. he was a pompus twit and it took 15 mins to make him understand and READ the notes that he was wrong , when he noticed he was wrong he swiftly moved on and closed the court.. Idiot!!!

So from now on people owe me money I call a polish group of guys and 20% down I get my 80% with in a week.. NEVER again am I useing the court system what a total waste of tax payer money...

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Credit where it is due, the quote is actually from a bit earlier: -

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Correct but MLK 'repeated' it during his time here on earth

Speedmaster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 55 AMG
Bob you are right, the legal process is complicated and expensive but good for you for having the courage to have a go. Although I think it is fair to say the cost of legal services is lower than it has been across the board.

I would try to move on and concentrate on something else more enjoyable! :)
Leave the legal process to us poor mugs who earn a living out of it ;)

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would try to move on and concentrate on something else more enjoyable! :)
Leave the legal process to us poor mugs who earn a living out of it ;)

If it weren't for clients like me, there would be under-employed solicitors!

When I enrolled in my Law course, Diploma level, the first thing the lecturer asked; "how many of you want to be lawyers?", a lot of hands went up, she informed them; Don't do it, there is not enough work now for everybody!! The profession is full and finding tutelage is almost impossible!

My future lies in politics where my intellect can be used for something constructive.

I have kept every piece of paper generated over these last four years, quite a stack and so much of it contradictory!

When I need some relaxation I walk down to the Royal Courts of Justice and see if there is anything interesting on the Listings and go and sit and listen to the case. I have my own White Book and Legal dictionary so I am able to follow the "plot", so much more interesting than day-time TV!

The problem Mercedes-Benz has is that I have told the truth from the very start and have not deviated from that fact, the outcome of this dispute is for the Judge to rule on the evidence in open Court.

Patience is a virtue and I am a very patient man:)

Top Bottom