Data card location.

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a 2005 55 plate C Class 220 CDI Estate Auto in Iridium Silver with Black Nappa Leather.
Hi to you all out there. How do I get the data card for my 2005 face-lift C220 CDI ?

Am I correct in thinking that this contains details of everything that was included in the build spec for my car from the factory ?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Do a vin check with any of the online vin decoders

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a 2005 55 plate C Class 220 CDI Estate Auto in Iridium Silver with Black Nappa Leather.
there are apps for your smart phone too that you can put your VIN number into. :)

Hi EsD. Thank you but I do not use my phones for that kind of search - I have a Windows 10 Hard wired PC.

I have just carried out a search based on Blobcats earlier reply but had to register and then I was being asked to top-up my account !!!

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Hi Steve. Thank you for the two links. I will look into them tomorrow morning.

According to the site that I have just used my car is shown as Year 2002 !! the car was registered on 20th December 2005 ?

I understood that the Data Card was specific to a particular individual vehicle/car.

Could be right on the build date, my E Class was build date February 2004 and first registered in GB March 2005

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
What kind of search do you use your phone for then?

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could be right on the build date, my E Class was build date February 2004 and first registered in GB March 2005

Hi 00slk. The difference between my cars build date and the registration date is 3 years as opposed to the one year difference in your case.

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Hi again Steve. I looked into both of the sites that you provided links to.
They both show some details different to that which I was told by the seller of the car - a chap that has been dealing in Mercedes Benz cars for some 28 years.
I am awaiting a return call from the original supplying dealership Mercedes Benz Direct,Birmingham albeit they were taken over a while ago by a larger group.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
a chap that has been dealing in Mercedes Benz cars for some 28 years. ....

Used car dealers don't always tell the truth :rolleyes: You see loads of adverts describing cars as 'fully loaded' when the car has no optional extras at all or they're described as having leather, when it's Artico/vinyl o_O

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used car dealers don't always tell the truth :rolleyes: You see loads of adverts describing cars as 'fully loaded' when the car has no optional extras at all or they're described as having leather, when it's Artico/vinyl o_O

This chap has seemingly only ever dealt in Mercedes Benz for the last 28 years and everything that he described the the car that I bought as having had/got. The car was not described as fully loaded - it was listed with the individual features of the build listed and identified in some cases as being only available at the point of ordering and confirmed with certain features/items only being available as factory ordered options at the point of sale.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
A lot of pics on autotrader aren't even of the car that's being sold - for example, so many traders seem to use library pics of interiors and the blurb is often just copied from previous ads...

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A lot of pics on autotrader aren't even of the car that's being sold - for example, so many traders seem to use library pics of interiors and the blurb is often just copied from previous ads...

Hi David. That was definitely not the case with the car that I bought - all images were of the very car that I bought and the one that was delivered to me on Saturday 28th November.
The 'blurb' as you put it was an honest account of the car that was delivered and all supported by accompanying documentation.

OP
ARoosterinaRoadster

ARoosterinaRoadster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What are you actually trying to find out?

Hi Matty. I was looking for clarification on a few aspects that were on the original Data Card that I downloaded from an earlier recommendation that showed certain details as differing from what I had been told verbally and in the sales details/description and also on my V5c Document.
I have since spoken with a member of staff at the dealership (Since merged) that confirmed what I was researching was in fact correct,this was based on a data card that he located on the basis of my registration.

As per post#8 this statement is wrong :-- According to the site that I have just used my car is shown as Year 2002 - indeed the car was built almost at the end of the Facelift run of the W203 and just before the commencement of the W204.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom