De-cat 230TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppey

New Registration
Reaction score
I have recently bought a 10 year old Mercedes 230 TE with a  none catalytic exhaust system, the cat has been removed along with the Lambda sensor (the cables are cut) I am consequently suffering very intermittent idle cut out problems. Are there any instructions, guidelines or official advice regarding this de-catting  issues, will the ECU and idle control valve need to be replaced? or are there any special parts needed to compensate for the removal of a catalytic converter and Lambda probe as the car did originally have one according to Mercedes, or will I have to get a new cat fitted?  Please advise.
Regards, Steve.

Anonymous

Reaction score
The cat will make no difference.  The lamda probe could have been left in place, which would then set the fuel mixture.  Have the emissions checked to see if they are within spec.  You probably have a small air leak or a faulty idle speed control valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom