Dealer damaged my ECU

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
One other thing is that I need the boot space for a lot of confidential stuff that I carry and I cannot fit them in a B Class at all. As someone helpfully mentioned about this above, I am going to ask them politely to change the car.

From your expert mind, what does it take to change the ECU? the guy said that they have to open the chasis of the car and it is very complicated?

Good luck and let us know how you go on. A third option, if they don't have anything is to suggest they lend you something out of used stock. As your car is off the road through their fault (well not yours anyway) they have to provide you with a car thats suitable for your requirements. Asking for leather or a different colour is one thing, but a lockable boot suitable for your work or satnav so you can get to your customers is something else. Even if that means they have to rent you something. As I said before, what's the service manager driving? I bet that has satnav! They way I normally put it is that I don't mind where it comes from, it doesn't have to be new or a formal loan car, your car will do (with a wry smile).
As for changing the ECU - I'm not sure how you open a chassis without a cutting torch or an angle grinder ;-). Surely it's just bolted into a rack under the heater filter cover like most other models? Or else there are a few in my car under the passenger footwell. Just as easy to get at though. a bolt, a plug or two and a couple of screws. 5 mins to fit I'd imagine. Coding may take somewhat longer however.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The problem with stock cars for sale most are not taxed,so not easy to loan out

OP
M

mike1024

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 350 Sport 2010
Thank you everyone will keep you posted.

Cohiba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 SL320 1995 C180. Freelander2 2012
:)Mike, ask for 25% your next service as a good will gesture for the incontinence and disappointment caused !!!

OP
M

mike1024

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 350 Sport 2010
Now some development:

The customer service called me, which went on voicemail. He said that the ECU has arrived and I can collect my car tomorrow. But because the control Unit was dead! they couldn't diagnose my car.

He says that they have ordered something called FSC or FSE? which is going to require my car going back again for four days to be repaired and he says: We are hoping that will be the fix for your car but not sure. He said another component as well.

So they want me to drive a car which is not fixed, and don't know what is wrong with the car.

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
:)Mike, ask for 25% your next service as a good will gesture for the incontinence and disappointment caused !!!

CHRIST THE B CLASS SEATS MUST HAVE BEEN HARD TO CAUSE INCONTINENCE:confused: :lol:

Alfie

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Now some development:

The customer service called me, which went on voicemail. He said that the ECU has arrived and I can collect my car tomorrow. But because the control Unit was dead! they couldn't diagnose my car.

He says that they have ordered something called FSC or FSE? which is going to require my car going back again for four days to be repaired and he says: We are hoping that will be the fix for your car but not sure. He said another component as well.

So they want me to drive a car which is not fixed, and don't know what is wrong with the car.

It seems to me they are trying their best to keep you on the road:neutral: give them a chance man:shock:

Alfie

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
life can be a bitch at times. IMHO you could take a broader view of your situation, you have owned some super cars, and like everyone else you can experience service problems. if you look through many of the postings on this site, re poor service etc, you will see that you are not being treated so badly. welcome to the club. herbiemercman.

OP
M

mike1024

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 350 Sport 2010
life can be a bitch at times. IMHO you could take a broader view of your situation, you have owned some super cars, and like everyone else you can experience service problems. if you look through many of the postings on this site, re poor service etc, you will see that you are not being treated so badly. welcome to the club. herbiemercman.

I'm not trying to be greedy here, I just need an honest apology from MB dealer and understanding of my situation. I was on the road and I had some minor problems, they caused the major one!

But thank you for your sympathy, I guess my psychiatric experience for the past 10 years guided me to vent my frustration here, to feel better:lol:

OP
M

mike1024

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 350 Sport 2010
Got the car back. All music on Comand Hard Drive and addresses on Sat Nav deleted!!
Car drives normally with no issues, so I don't know what they mean by faulty FSC or FSE component and needing my car for a few more days?

Does anyone have a clue what those components are?

thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Got the car back. All music on Comand Hard Drive and addresses on Sat Nav deleted!!
Car drives normally with no issues, so I don't know what they mean by faulty FSC or FSE component and needing my car for a few more days?

Does anyone have a clue what those components are?

thanks

Sorry not listed the nearest is HFS hands free system

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
+1, last week, MB servers were hit and miss, so we didn't carry out any updates. It is a worry that due to no fault of ours we may be liable for control a ecu because their network crashes. i have spoken to MB and they are trying to improve the situation??? We can claim off MB but its long winded.

That seems an incredible state of affairs. I gather some of the updates take literally hours, so the chances of losing the connection must be pretty high.

Simon21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 W124 250TD
+1, last week, MB servers were hit and miss, so we didn't carry out any updates. It is a worry that due to no fault of ours we may be liable for control a ecu because their network crashes. i have spoken to MB and they are trying to improve the situation??? We can claim off MB but its long winded.

A crazy design then. Good old MB ;)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
That seems an incredible state of affairs. I gather some of the updates take literally hours, so the chances of losing the connection must be pretty high.

A crazy design then. Good old MB ;)

Its a terrible system and dreadfully slow, locking up and to log on to mercs you have to shut down the program down and go in thru the back door. We have spoke to MB germany and they are aware of the problems???? Bit like some of the problems on their cars!!!

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
unless i have missunderstood this post, then downloading the software to your pc's hardrive is the answer to this problem. ? herbiemercman.

holbay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Cdi estate. 2004

Maybe the mechanic missed hearing the pips to put another 10p in the phone..George

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom