Delighted

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Insurance and plates for cyclists. Extatic. About time. And hopefully a little excise duty to come. They use the roads
Exception anyone under 18.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
That presumably is only in France at the moment, Lets just hope that it catches on here too as we have given them a priority over motor vehicles :mad:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Insurance and plates for cyclists. Extatic. About time. And hopefully a little excise duty to come. They use the roads
Exception anyone under 18.
Yes I saw this today. Good man Grant Shapps, I don’t mind cyclists paying in tax to maintain the roads they currently use for free!

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
OP
ajlsl600

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
OK
>>>Exception anyone under 18.

And for over 65 too thank you.

Oh and before they bring it in have every elec scooter impounded and melted down.
Forgot dat!! N me 65vin Jan!!

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
The cost will kill it, & it will never be self funding.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
While there are many normal people who ride cycles causing no issues to pedestrians or cars, I loath those arrogant types who ride in the middle of the road to stop cars getting past, or yobs who ride cycles pull pelt through town centers or on pavements.

I don't think number plates is the answer; I agree it will just cost us a load more tax due to all the bureaucracy. But I would love to see an end to the pedestal we seem to put cyclists on. They should not be able to behave like they are better than pedestrians or motorists (we're not Dutch). One would think the answer would be to remove whatever loop hole is letting cyclists get away with murder by cycling; not add more laws to our already bursting quiver of legislation. I also cannot imagine murder by dangerous cycling is very common.

Around our roads cyclists actually race on the roads in summer time. It's fully organised events with helpers dotted about, I am guessing to track or help the riders. They overtake each other without looking, hog A roads, and on one occasion one of them actually pulled right out in front of me when I was going around a roundabout - had I not jumped on my brakes he would have been dead. it puzzles me why a private track would not be more suitable.

Now I can't fathom our how on earth they get permission for it. Imagine if I asked for permission to have a race against some friends in our cars!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
While there are many normal people who ride cycles causing no issues to pedestrians or cars, I loath those arrogant types who ride in the middle of the road to stop cars getting past, or yobs who ride cycles pull pelt through town centers or on pavements.

I don't think number plates is the answer; I agree it will just cost us a load more tax due to all the bureaucracy. But I would love to see an end to the pedestal we seem to put cyclists on. They should not be able to behave like they are better than pedestrians or motorists (we're not Dutch). One would think the answer would be to remove whatever loop hole is letting cyclists get away with murder by cycling; not add more laws to our already bursting quiver of legislation. I also cannot imagine murder by dangerous cycling is very common.

Around our roads cyclists actually race on the roads in summer time. It's fully organised events with helpers dotted about, I am guessing to track or help the riders. They overtake each other without looking, hog A roads, and on one occasion one of them actually pulled right out in front of me when I was going around a roundabout - had I not jumped on my brakes he would have been dead. it puzzles me why a private track would not be more suitable.

Now I can't fathom our how on earth they get permission for it. Imagine if I asked for permission to have a race against some friends in our cars!
Yes!!! Just this!!!

OP
ajlsl600

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
P

Pu t the tax on all new bycicles based on 10 Yr use. Gov gets cash, bikes not thrown away every Yr., great for enviroment. All new bikes registered.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
Anyway, related topic, but probably less popular...

Why are motorcycles allowed to create all that awful noise, but cars are not? Surely the technology exists to silence a motorcycle exhaust better now!

I find motorcycles whizzing past annoying enough as it is, but why do they have to make so much noise?!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Why are motorcycles allowed to create all that awful noise, but cars are not? Surely the technology exists to silence a motorcycle exhaust better now!

I find motorcycles whizzing past annoying enough as it is, but why do they have to make so much noise?!
And quad bikes! Major problem around here!

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
We live about half a mile away from a dual carriageway with a roundabout, and while we can't generally hear the cars, we often hear the bikes thrashing away from the roundabout like Richard heads. Makes me dream of a carefully placed thread of piano wire :p....

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

And them parking on the damn pavements !! :mad:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We live about half a mile away from a dual carriageway with a roundabout, and while we can't generally hear the cars, we often hear the bikes thrashing away from the roundabout like Richard heads. Makes me dream of a carefully placed thread of piano wire :p....
Ah a Steve McQueen fan eh?

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Like most every other "law" in this country, who will enforce it?
Maybe the same people who enforce using a mobile in a car, people blocking box junctions and electric scooters who seem to be lawless. :mad:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

Hmm, never heard the pop and bang and waste gate dumps of the reverse ball cap brigade? Round me it’s those idiots using industrial estates as race tracks not the perfectly mannered and most excellent motorcyclists ;)

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom