Delivery date in datacard is meaning manufacturing year ?

OP
T

tonglin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230
i just found this problem on march 2014

OP
T

tonglin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230
Other places also, but not so serious loke this

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
According to post 22, the dealer had the car resprayed after the OP changed his mind about the colour (before delivery).

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
So you ordered a car in 2012.
There happened to be a silver car, built in 2011, that matched the specification that was ordered.
The dealer either already has the 2011 car in stock or is supplied it by MB.
You change your order to have the car in black.
The dealer has the silver 2011 car resprayed in black in order to complete your order.
I don't know the legal implications in Malaysia, but at the very least any MB paint warranty would be invalidated.
If you really want to get back at the dealer then put in a claim on the MB paint warranty, but be prepared to show that you changed the order to black from silver and that you didn't get it resprayed yourself.

OP
T

tonglin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230
in the meeting , the dealer confession that the car is change color by they ,
but his insist that get agree from me, ( without agreement letter )
Authorized Representative from Mercedes trying to convince me them to do the right.

P/S : warranty still available .

Last edited:
OP
T

tonglin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230
this is the answer from dealer :
on From day 1 , we received the Purchase Order dated 5 th July 2012 with the colour Palladium Silver/Grey, we proceeded by submitting the request to our principal, MBM and subsequently MBM forwarded the request order to Germany. Being REP, the process will takefew months before we actually can get the requested vehicle to be assembled in Pekan. In May 2013, the vehicle was make available and was delivered to our showroom .We requested the purchaser to our showroom to inspect the vehicle as in the original colour Palladium Silver/Grey. However, after sighting the car, They insisted that they wanted a BLACKcolour unit. Therefore, it was translated to them was, “We shall change to your requested colour black , but we need a month to change the colour. Truly, we admitted that we did not prepare any consent letter for you to sign during that time for we treated this as a ‘customer request’ and therefore we do not need the consent letter. More ever, customer also did not give us a written letter for the change in colour). For this, customer claimed that we cheated them for not disclosing that it is repainted instead of original . We did offered that we shall ‘make good’ the paint work during the full(5 yrs) warranty .

OP
T

tonglin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230
Finally i found that show on datacar,my car delivery date is year 2011
That why i need to find out the delivery date is mean manufacturing date,
To proof the dealer try to cheat me

Last edited:

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Tonglin,

when exactly did you change your mind about the colour ?

In post 22, you said it was 3 days after placing the order, but the dealer's repl states that you asked for black after receiving the car (10 months after the order). ?

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
As per the dealers letter stating they resprayed the 'inspected' car at the customers request, who paid for the respray?
That's pretty generous of a dealer to do this from their own pocket, unless Tonglin was asked to pay more to change the order (colour).

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom