Disabling the immobiliser

cuparboy

Reaction score
I have a 1995 C180 which came with only 1 key. I went to Mercedes and asked how much for a backup key and fob - central locking, immobiliser but no transponder or alarm (as far as I know).

I was fairly stunned when I learned it would cost £120.

I have since learned that, apparently, the AA and RAC can bypass these immobilisers and £16 will buy a new blade which works all locks. However, MB refuse to tell me how to do said bypass.

Assuming that nobody would/should put such info on an open forum can anyone point me in the direction where I might be able to learn how to do this should I ever lose my key?

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I have a 1995 C180 which came with only 1 key. I went to Mercedes and asked how much for a backup key and fob - central locking, immobiliser but no transponder or alarm (as far as I know).

I was fairly stunned when I learned it would cost £120.

I have since learned that, apparently, the AA and RAC can bypass these immobilisers and £16 will buy a new blade which works all locks. However, MB refuse to tell me how to do said bypass.

Assuming that nobody would/should put such info on an open forum can anyone point me in the direction where I might be able to learn how to do this should I ever lose my key?

I had cause many years ago to call upon Mobilo to get my car (W202 C180) going after the immobiliser refused to let go of my car. The car unlocked and locked fine but inserting the key and turning did nothing.

When the chap from mobilo came out he quickly disabled the immobiliser which shocked me when I saw how simple it was. It takes about 5 minutes thats all.

I'll PM you the solution.

EDIT: Cant send you a PM as they are not enabled for you. Send me an email to sales@comand.co.uk and i'll reply with the solution.

OP
C

cuparboy

Reaction score
E-mail sent. Many thanks for your help.

alec2

Reaction score
Remember if the immobiliser is disabled then your insurance is invalid, for theft anyway.

Alec

OP
C

cuparboy

Reaction score
Remember if the immobiliser is disabled then your insurance is invalid, for theft anyway.

Alec

Thanks, Alec, but I am just trying to avoid shelling out for a second key I may never use. If I do ever lose it I'll fork out but may well need to move the car in the interim.

Bernard Rother

Reaction score
"94 C180 Immobiliser

Hi Alfie, any chance of instructing me how to temp. disable the immobiliser ? Had the car +/- 16 months and it came with a single swing out key on an infra red remote. Been stranded once so far and went to MB and was also staggered when quoted a price for a spare key. A locksmith said he can cut a key no problem but the remote is an "agents only" item. It's not a critical situation but I live in a rural area. I have Bosch Roadside Assistance but it's a waiting game.
Regards.
Bernard Rother

Silvertwo

New Registration
Reaction score
i have the same symtoms

I know it was a few months ago, but i noticed cuparboy had the same symtoms as i am now getting on my 96 e230, every seems okay but i just can't get the immobiliser to shut off, tried new batteries in the keys (i have two) no good. Conicidentaly i have just ordered a new lock barrel from MB since the existing one has been getting excesively stiff, don't know if that has anything to do with it. I would love to know how the deactivate the immobiliser since i can't even get the car to my garage to get the new lock barrel fitted (who is going to steel a well used 11 year old estate anyway?):!:

mickmerc

Reaction score
1995 c200 immobiliser

I have a 1995 c200 and i am having constant problems with the immoliser whereby sometimes when i open the car the doors open but the immobiliser stays on. I have bought new keys but now and again the problem comes back Can anyone tell me how i can bypass the immobilser as i have had enough now. Thanks

mickmerc

Reaction score
Can you tell me how to disable the immobiliser as i am having the same problem on 1995 c200. Thanks

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Mine does this, replacing the fob batteries sorts it out. Be aware that just because your Fob operates the central locking this is no indication to the condition of the fob batteries as the two systems are separate (alarm and central locking)
What are the red and green led's on the mirror and the door doing? if any of the led's are not working this will cause immobiliser issues and will have to be replaced.
Hope this is been of some help to you.

mickmerc

Reaction score
The lights are flashing red green red green etc and when you put the key into the ignition and try and start it the green light flashes continuously. Eventually you can get it to start but only after many attempts. You know when it is going to start as the indicators on the car and dashboard flash. I have tried the batteries but to no-avail. I now just want to bypass the immobiliser as i have had enough. Can anyone tell me how i can do this. Thanks

Last edited:

cabajzz

New Registration
Reaction score
Quick Fix for Immobiliser prob

3 times now over a couple of years the immobiliser has cut in on my C180 with the alarm system getting caught in a sort of loop - quickest fix has been to disconnect the battery, wait 10-20 seconds and then reconnect.

R

rghnaish

me too please Alfie!

Same happened to me. Can you email me the way to shortcircuit the unit to me as well Alfie please?

Actually the AA short-circuited my immobiliser on my 1996 E320 a few years ago when it was playing up. I thought I would be clever and buy another immobiliser unit secondhand and refit it for theft security. Now that one is playing up as well. Basically it immobilises itself regularly and the key fob won't reset it. The only solution is to unclip the battery for a few seconds to reset the system. I am getting tired of taking off the backseat and doing the spanner thing! I have complete faith that noone will try to steal my 11 year old car, so am happy to shortcircuit the unit!!

Richard

1996 E320 Straight six

R

rghnaish

Hi,
Mine does this, replacing the fob batteries sorts it out. Be aware that just because your Fob operates the central locking this is no indication to the condition of the fob batteries as the two systems are separate (alarm and central locking)
What are the red and green led's on the mirror and the door doing? if any of the led's are not working this will cause immobiliser issues and will have to be replaced.
Hope this is been of some help to you.

The red and green led's on the mirror and door are both flashing red and green, so the LED bulb is OK. I have only just changed the fob batteries a couple of months ago but can do that again. But really I am ready to disable the immobiliser if anyone knows how?
I can do the reset trick with the main car battery but my wife is not so technical!
Richard

chaosmongers

Reaction score
The red and green led's on the mirror and door are both flashing red and green, so the LED bulb is OK. I have only just changed the fob batteries a couple of months ago but can do that again. But really I am ready to disable the immobiliser if anyone knows how?
I can do the reset trick with the main car battery but my wife is not so technical!
Richard

Although I've just posted another item about this in another thread, I have the same problem!

I'm in a right blimmin' pickle, as I've had to abandon my 1996 C180 in town today. I can lock and unlock the doors, but have got the dreaded flashing red/green light problem on the mirror.

I can't even tow my car home as it's an automatic, and really can't afford the expense of getting a recovery firm to transport it home.

if anyone can help me disable my immobiliser, I'd be eternally in their debt.

This is the 4th time it's happened this month.. I've managed to get it going after leaving it for 20 minutes on previous occasions, but today I was left stranded.

thanks,
Simon
chaosmongers@yahoo.com

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I had cause many years ago to call upon Mobilo to get my car (W202 C180) going after the immobiliser refused to let go of my car. The car unlocked and locked fine but inserting the key and turning did nothing.

When the chap from mobilo came out he quickly disabled the immobiliser which shocked me when I saw how simple it was. It takes about 5 minutes thats all.

I'll PM you the solution.

EDIT: Cant send you a PM as they are not enabled for you. Send me an email to sales@comand.co.uk and i'll reply with the solution.

Following on from this thread, I am afraid that I have been advised legally not to divulge this information. So please do not send me any more requests for it as I cant divulge it sorry. I fully appreciate that the vast majority of enquiries would be from legitimate owners seeking help with their car. However, I still cannot give out the information. Sorry.

If you are stuck with your immobiliser then I strongly urge you to use the mobilo life services.

lukejr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class W212 & W210
Very difficult to find details of how to disable immobiliser on W202, I have been looking all over the web.

Hoping local garage can sort it out. Otherwise I will be scrapping a very good car with everything working, but the immobiliser stops the engine on start (flash red/green mirror lights).

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
high luke, where are you located? i have done many many of these, assuming you have the dealer fitted immobiliser. do you have silver stickers in the windows saying 'fitted with an approved mercedes benz alarm system'??

this immobiliser was dealer fitted, not factory fitted, and certainly needs removing. you will find the control unit in the passenger footwell behind the steel plate. look for the yellow/red black/purple wires and trace them to where they intersect the original wiring. simply remake the original circuits and trace all the other wiring and remove as necessary.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom