Door pins and trim

bonez

Reaction score
The passenger side door locking pin on my W208 (yr 2000) CLK makes a slight rattling sound when travelling over various road surfaces. After a quick inspection i have found that the door pin sits about 5mm below the level of the door surround (the drivers side is flush - with the central locking engaged). If i place my finger over the door pin, the rattling will stop. What i wish to do is to raise the height of the door pin but my question is, can i just turn the door pin anti clock wise and it will raise (seems pretty tight at the moment) without breaking the pin, or do i have to take off the door card to get at it.
Also for some reason the passenger side trim (at the back) makes creaking noises. I have placed felt pads between the leather seats and the side trim with little or no sucess. I think and this is only a guess, that is is coming from the area where the side trim meets the glass or the side pillar by the door. Have other CLK owners experienced symtoms like this or does anyone have any ideas on now to cure this. If not its off to the indie for them to trace, cos it is now driving me nuts!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom