Dotted Lines on Wing Mirrors

Jensen

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what is the purpose of the dotted lines on the wing mirrors, these are to the lefthand side as you look at the mirror.
What are they designed to do?

ba9rn

Reaction score
Well on mine it separates the 'wide angle' bit from the normal mirror. The wide angle portion is to eliminate a bit more of the blind spot. Look in the bit on the outside of the dots - you should see more of the road (but smaller).

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Well on mine it separates the 'wide angle' bit from the normal mirror. The wide angle portion is to eliminate a bit more of the blind spot. Look in the bit on the outside of the dots - you should see more of the road (but smaller).

Thats what they do - show the separation between the blindspot and normal mirrors.

ba9rn

Reaction score
My thoughts entirely - what confused me was the OP's comment that the dots are on the left side of the mirror. I suppose he may be LHD?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I have dots on both sides :cool:
Much nicer than the 'objects in rearview mirror can be closer than they appear'

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom