E 240 S210 2000 Engine dead

Dani_romio

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240/2000/2.4 L 6V
Hi everyone
After I read a lot of posts and I coudn't find what to do.
My car is :
E 240 T ( S 210 ) ( 2000 )
2.4 L , 6 V, petrol

I bought it before one month and was working perfect, I used petrol from used car garage , before 10 days the problem start when I try to start on the car but its cranking without firing , so after many try it work and I drove it just fine , after 2 days the problem become bigger so the car stop when I reduce the speed for exp : when I am in round a bout the engine dead and all the lights are on , and after many many times with trying to start it a gain then its start,
I checked it with the normal scan and the error code are 2 :

1 - Crank shaft sensor
2 - Cam shaft sensor

and the light engine was on.

then I changed the Cam shaft sensor from second hand parts and the engine light turned off.
and I change the Crank shaft sensor from second hand also put the problem still there and I notice when the temp. reach to 80 the car engine dead ( the car stop ) , and I tried to turn it on but its cranking and not firing , then I wait until the temp. go down and then try to switch it on and the car cranking and firing , also I changed the K40 relay from second hand and the problem is same.
the man who scan it has been traveled .
its costly to take the car to the dealer or to one of the workshop here its too expensive here .
Please any one who has same issue or has experience can help me or tell me what to do ? :(

Best Regards

Last edited:

yeh yeh

Reaction score
If the car start when the engine is cold, and would not start when hot, sounds like you have a faulty sensor, could be the camshaft sensor.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, this does still look like a CPS or CAM sensor, I would replace with new ones. You can test them with an ohmmeter and in a pan of hot water, when good they have a resistance of between 800Ω and 1kΩ, heat the water up and test. When bad they go near on open circuit.

OP
D

Dani_romio

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240/2000/2.4 L 6V
Thank you yeh yeh for your replay, the problem its very weired 2 days wouldn't start even if it is cold . I tried too many times its cranking without firing , suddenly its work.

OP
D

Dani_romio

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240/2000/2.4 L 6V
Thank you Television a lot , but believe me I don't know how to do the test I don't have experience and still new with car problems, you are professional:)
Can you make it little easier? :)
I appreciate always .

yeh yeh

Reaction score
Or then again, it could be a relay playing up, don't know where it is situated in your car, in my old 190 2.6 it's behind a cover at the back of the battery.

OP
D

Dani_romio

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240/2000/2.4 L 6V
Thank you yeh yeh for your replay.
I have been change the k40 relay and the problem is same nothing change, some times its dead and sometimes its working without problems.
Today I took the car to Mercedes dealer and they scan it and the said there is one fault stored in the car memory and should be delete, and they deleted it and its without any fault when they scaned it, and I drove thr. Car after while, the car dead.
Its just weird.

Regards

Mohammad Al Shibli

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom